Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-07-2016, 01:24 PM

Wife helped me bleed the brakes, she had to get on her "dirty cloths". I tried explaining that she had the "clean job" of working the brake pedal, but she was having none of that.

Oh well, didn't stop me from take a drive, with out the hood. Got some interesting looks, oh well. Don't care, drove Viper.

Viper in its natural pose, marking its territory.

I might be a bit down on power here....
Old 03-08-2016, 08:57 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

hood/no hood, its all good.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:33 PM

Just keeps getting sexier and sexier!

1972 Corvette Coupe - https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=36573
Old 05-02-2016, 10:00 AM

Finished the wrap on Friday and went to the AutoX on Sunday. Ran CAM-S class which requires 200TW tires.

Did ZERO to the car, just drove it to get a feel for it. Felt very positive, flat and the grip was decent, not great but decent. Didn't mess with tire pressure or shock settings, decided I needed to learn the car first.

Won my class and fastest of the all the CAM (C, S & T) competitors. But still need a LOT of working learning to drive fast. Ended up 97th out of 151 cars... not bad considering there were a lot of go-karts, purpose built AutoX cars, fully prepped CRX's and a **** load of Miatas. I'll see if I can get in the top 1/2 next go round now that i know the car a little better.

Seemed to have sprung a little leak which looks to be coming from the oil filter. I tightened it up as it was a little loose and got home and it was still leaking. I have a pretty good view of it from the top and can't see where else the oil is coming from so I'll check that out and probably just change the filter and see if there's crap on the gasket surface. Maybe its shaking itself loose?

The new K&N filter kit really helps with throttle response at low RPM's, which if you've been to an AutoX, you know you need that.

The new Baer brakes worked well, but I could tell I could brake later than I was so I need to work on that. I noticed I was getting less rear brake than I liked and was glad to see the previous owner had installed a brake bias valve and opened the rears up, that seems to help my front locking up too quick. I have a few turns left in the rear, so I'll play with that a bit.

The car got quite a bit of attention as I heard the phrase, "I'm surprised to see a Viper here! No one ever brings one!" ... probably like 15 times throughout the day.

I had fun, learned about the car and learned; Yes, in fact you can get a sunburn when it's cold and mostly cloudy... my forehead hurts!
Old 05-02-2016, 06:30 PM

lol, I thought you meant figuratively go karts (as in a race car) but then saw the actual kart on the trailer behind the mini.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBDave View Post
lol, I thought you meant figuratively go karts (as in a race car) but then saw the actual kart on the trailer behind the mini.
LOL

There were several go-karts and a few FMOD (think little F1 gokart looking things).

That was EASILY the entire top 10+ times of the event.