Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > What's it Worth
User Name
Password

Old 12-11-2014, 04:42 AM

I received more info on this last night and edited the original post to reflect that it is a 1969 with 3 spd column shift. It now has the proper wheels and hubcaps installed. One floor pan was replaced, pretty sure it was the drivers side.

$30K is the number they are thinking. Is that realistic?
Old 12-11-2014, 07:32 AM

Looks to me now that I review the pics again that there are two shifters on the floor, a manual trans shifter and the one that I originally thought was an auto trans shifter but is more likely the transfer case shifter.

Did they swap this trans shifter out for a three on the tree shifter after the pics were taken?

Regardless, 30k is the upper end...but it might get there. Quite the cult following for that model, especially unmolested.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
Looks to me now that I review the pics again that there are two shifters on the floor, a manual trans shifter and the one that I originally thought was an auto trans shifter but is more likely the transfer case shifter.

Did they swap this trans shifter out for a three on the tree shifter after the pics were taken?

Regardless, 30k is the upper end...but it might get there. Quite the cult following for that model, especially unmolested.
My understanding is the T-handle is the factory transfer case shifter. That's what threw me too when first looking as I could see the column shifter without looking real close........which I didn't.

Here's two pics from today:

Old 12-11-2014, 05:52 PM

It looks so much better with the painted grill and wheel/tire combo! The first set of pics do show a floor shifter, they probably removed it and went back to the column....so now you've got a hole under the carpet. In the new pics you can see the column shifter through the window, it's either in reverse or 2nd

For 30k, which means 24k, it's got to be as clean as it looks. If it's at a lot you know they didn't pay or give any more than...what? 12-15k?

Sieg, are you looking to buy or just know of it?
Old 12-11-2014, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
It looks so much better with the painted grill and wheel/tire combo! The first set of pics do show a floor shifter, they probably removed it and went back to the column....so now you've got a hole under the carpet. In the new pics you can see the column shifter through the window, it's either in reverse or 2nd

For 30k, which means 24k, it's got to be as clean as it looks. If it's at a lot you know they didn't pay or give any more than...what? 12-15k?

Sieg, are you looking to buy or just know of it?
It's at a friends shop locally. I 'think' that T-handle is factory......though I know next to nothing about what's correct with these 4x4's.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:20 PM

Yup, the T handle is for the transfer case....look next to it in the first set of pics. Looks like an angled floor shifter, which on these mounts off of the "hump" a bit to the drivers side. No biggie, just means a hole is or was there under the carpet.

Looks like a great rig to be selling for 30k.

Old 12-14-2014, 03:17 PM

Agreed, it is tough to see in the first set of pics, but the 3 on the tree has been converted to a floor shift. Its there if you look close. The auto trans looking handle is the transfer case.

Yes, rust is relentless on these. Having one of the floor pans replaced is no surprise, but not a deal killer either. 3 owners means its likely been well cared for.

$30k is a bit high, but not smokin' crack high. Similar unrestored units seem to sell in the $22-28k range.