Password

View Poll Results: Which Wheels ?
Z06 wheels and spacers to get me by 5 16.13%
Torq thrust II's 2 6.45%
Buy the Billet Specialties I really want 24 77.42%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2014, 05:59 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I say, point blank, buy what you really want. If you're like me, you'll never be happy until you get what you want. Especially, if you go with another wheel "just to have or put something on there for now." The more you look at the Billet Specialites, the more you'll dislike and start to hate the "other wheel." Although it'll take you a bit longer, save and be patient.....there's no rush. Like it was mentioned earlier...don't waste money on something you really don't want. Although, TT II's are an iconic wheel, if you really don't like them or just think they are so-so, then don't waste your time and definitly your money. Just my $.02.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:45 AM

For those of you wondering what direction I finally went , fate and finances converged on me yesterday . I found a set of Torq Thrust II's on Ebay with the correct width's and backspacing for 770 bucks shipped . It seemed like a better alternative than the Corvette wheels that would be a place holder . I thought about it all day and even went back through my notes on ideas for this build when I came across a picture of a 66 Chevelle I had seen and fallen in Love with wearing the TTII's . I just wish everyone didn't have as good of taste in wheels as I do

Maybe when I get closer to the finish line on this build I will have some custom hoops built but for now these will keep me happy and with the sale of the wheels and tires currently on the car I will still have a nice cushion/jump on the next portion of the project .
Old 05-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Great!!

Think of it this way --- if a beautiful woman walks in, EVERYONE watches her and thinks the same thing (WOW!)...

If you're the only idiot in the bar that doesn't turn around and think the same thing -- then it's YOU that's weird - not everyone else. LOL

The TTII's have been one of the greatest wheels in the history of wheels - right up there with the "Halibrand" etc. Just go with it!
Old 05-18-2014, 09:38 PM

^^^^^^yup!
69 Camaro. sold
Old 05-19-2014, 12:56 AM

in for the pictures of the new wheels mounted!! Let's see them!
Old 05-23-2014, 07:24 PM

I just ordered a set of 17" MB Old School Wheels through Discount Tire Direct for $520 delivered with lug nuts. They look like a more modern Torq Thrust.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilOwnMy1stCar View Post
I just ordered a set of 17" MB Old School Wheels through Discount Tire Direct for $520 delivered with lug nuts. They look like a more modern Torq Thrust.
I went and looked at the MB wheels in person and just didn't care for them which was unfortunate as they were one of the few wheels I could get off the shelf with the correct backspacing .
Old 05-31-2014, 02:42 PM

Got the tires and wheels mounted up today . Specs are 17x8 with 4.81 inches of backspacing on the front with a 245/45r17 BFG KDW-2 , 17x9.5 with 5.5 backspacing on the rear with a 275/40r17 BFG KDW-2 . The rear is fairly tight but I can get my fingers in between the tire and the fender well . If and when I have the money to order custom wheels I will run a 6 inch backspacing as that would have centered it perfectly . Still leaves me some money for a few other projects and gets rid of the rubbing issues .
Attached Images