Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Interior and Electrical
User Name
Password

Old 03-07-2017, 05:07 PM

Default Looking for new, complete dash options for 69 Firebird?

Okay I'm hoping i can get some information or input from people on the forum about what might work as far as replacing the entire dash in my 69 Firebird? The reverse angle that the dash sits at makes it almost impossible for me to find a decent layout for everything I need in my project. I want to put a LCD stereo in the car and i need to also mount the Reactor controller for the RestoMod Air, and maybe even the Ridetech E3 Pro controller. The angle of my Firebird dash just does not give me very many options.

I know the first option would be to go with a 69 camaro and the DSE insert for the gauges. That might be an option, if I can come up with a way to differentiate it or customize it enough not to just "look" like a camaro dash.

Does anyone know of other dash's (chevelle, 2nd gen camaro, GTO, modern camaro, etc) that is close in dimensions that we could modify to fit? I've seen some of the fiberglass aftermarket dash option such as by Dashworks, but those are mainly fiberglass parts and I'd rather have at least metal so we could modify to fit what I want or get the look that I want.

thanks!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:45 AM

If you want something metal then you'll have to avoid the modern dashes, they're mostly plastic with a steel framework underneath, however you would be able to source a GTO dash relatively cheap and IMO it looks great in a firebird.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
If you want something metal then you'll have to avoid the modern dashes, they're mostly plastic with a steel framework underneath, however you would be able to source a GTO dash relatively cheap and IMO it looks great in a firebird.
Thanks for the input. Yeah when i say metal I'm mainly talking about the framework and not necessarily all metal dash facing. I've looked at a couple of the aftermarket dash options and they are usually fiberglass shells and I'm just not sure how well they will hold up. One of them may end up as one of my few options, so hopefully someone with experience with them will chime in.

If I can find an option that is dimensionally close, especially the width, it might be something we can do a little work to fit.