Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Wink And funny too LOL

I installed these astoundingly bright (simple old school 1156 style) bulbs in my John Deere tractor and can now very brightly see 40 feet ahead of me with a 20+ foot wide beam = now I can mow at dusk when it's cooler outside and can even mow in total darkness if I wanted to, drawing only half the amperage that the old style incandescent bulbs did:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

www.jdmastar.com

I also installed these headlight bulbs in our 2007 Town and Country and it is downright astounding - I mean major league incredible:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Took only a few minutes - easy as easy gets. Did one side first so that I could do a side by side comparison and was just stunned. Installed the other side then went out for a dark night test drive and was just blown away. What's really cool is that original old school halogen bulbs would explode if you tried to fire both the low and high beam filaments at one time. These new LED's run so cool that when you kick on the high beams, you get both the low beam LED's *AND* the high beam LED's firing simultaneously - unreal - possibly even downright illegal how bright they are. The LED's are targeted to provide a very wide left to right light dispersal, which means that I'm not pissing off oncoming traffic - I haven't even been "flashed" once, even if I accidentally forget to shut off the high beams due to how well they have designed the light projection / targeting. Definitely WAY COOL.

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com
Old 09-20-2017, 08:16 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Talking The LED addiction continues

I went nuts and just swapped out about 200 bulbs in our shop to LED and all I can say is WOW The lighting output is unreal - the difference is night and day, and better still here are the before and after ammeter test results:

T12 two bulb 4' shop light came in at .55 amps to run

T8 two bulb 4' shop light came in at .44 amps to run

Converted to very high output 3000 lumens 5000k clear LED's in the same fixtures (bypassing the pesky ballasts) the amp draw for almost twice as much light output came in at just about half the power draw at .31 amps!

Here are the links for anybody interested:

Conversion lamp that runs with the existing ballasts (meaning plug n play without any rewiring):

https://www.ledmyplace.com/products/...0k-clear-cover

Conversion lamp that runs straight 110V (bypassing the ballasts which is more efficient):

https://www.ledmyplace.com/products/...ns-5000k-clear

Besides being just simply bad ass, I'm looking forward to seeing our next electrical bill - should show a considerable difference! Yes, reworking all of the light fixtures to bypass the ballasts did take me three days, and it did cost a lot of money on the front side to convert the entire shop. People that walk in now are stunned as to how nice these lights are (look kick ass even in the fixtures that have the wrap around plastic covers).

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com