Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 03-19-2017, 11:59 AM

Default DBW pedal mount 1st gen Camaro

OK guys with all the LS swaps going on in 1st gen Camaro's, what are you guys using to mount the DBW pedal ?? I only see 3 options:

DSE bracket (C6 Corvette pedal)
Ironworks (Orig DBW CTS pedal)
Scarebird bracket (Orig DBW CTS pedal)

I'm using the CTS pedal that came with the GMPP LS3 controller kit. I do realize making your own custom set-up is also an option. Thx
Old 03-19-2017, 03:10 PM

Default Nothing is simple

I bought the DSE plate, not realizing the Corvette pedal was different than the CTS-V pedal...I modified the DSE plate, added ears to move it further to the right, and bolted in the CTS-V pedal. But then I read about the Vette pedal, and decided to get one. Found a "used" one on Amazon for $30. So I bought it, cut the ears off my modified DSE plate and installed it. The Vette pedal on the DSE plate places the pedal at the same height has the static brake pedal. I have a T56 Magnum and with the pedals even, it makes heel and toe down shifting difficult. So, I machined a 10 degree wedge to tilt the top of the Vette pedal out from the firewall lowering the height of the pedal, so that is is even with the depressed brake pedal. I still has floor clearance at WOT. The Vette pedal looks better for my 67 than the new CTS pedal. Anybody need a new CTS-V pedal?
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2017, 04:36 PM

That looks great! So that is the vette pedal ? Everything else is the CTS DBW ??
Old 03-20-2017, 10:55 PM

I welded nuts into 3/4" tubing then sanded smooth. Cheap and works well.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2017, 11:26 PM

Our bracket is designed aspecifically a good start. It is designed to be trimmed and be a stout bolt in option using the brake master bolts. They are so many variables, from foot size to insulation thickness that it's hard to make a pedel perfect for all.

It's left large to make it cut only bracket as we figure cutting might get easier then welding. Both is 100% bolt in to car. Used it in many cars. Sold a bunch and maybe had one returned on many years.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_pilot View Post
I welded nuts into 3/4" tubing then sanded smooth. Cheap and works well.
That looks good!! Thx!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks View Post
Our bracket is designed aspecifically a good start. It is designed to be trimmed and be a stout bolt in option using the brake master bolts. They are so many variables, from foot size to insulation thickness that it's hard to make a pedel perfect for all.

It's left large to make it cut only bracket as we figure cutting might get easier then welding. Both is 100% bolt in to car. Used it in many cars. Sold a bunch and maybe had one returned on many years.
The only problem (if ya can call it that) is many guys including myself have the master and steering column installed already. Also I heard of complaints with the rubber around the column interfering with your plate and as a result the plate is not flush with the firewall. I do not know if the plate was trimmed to avoid this though. Just looking for options here that's all.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT69Cam View Post
The only problem (if ya can call it that) is many guys including myself have the master and steering column installed already. Also I heard of complaints with the rubber around the column interfering with your plate and as a result the plate is not flush with the firewall. I do not know if the plate was trimmed to avoid this though. Just looking for options here that's all.
Yeah its large and will need to be cut around the column. We always smooth firewall there to get rid of the ugly factory firewall mount for the column.

I would get everything you need mounted in the car, remove it and trace the clearance you need and then trim the pedal bracket to clear whatever set you want. The firewall is not flat there unless you make it flat in the fabrication stage.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks View Post
Yeah its large and will need to be cut around the column. We always smooth firewall there to get rid of the ugly factory firewall mount for the column.

I would get everything you need mounted in the car, remove it and trace the clearance you need and then trim the pedal bracket to clear whatever set you want. The firewall is not flat there unless you make it flat in the fabrication stage.
Thank you very much.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:09 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I modified the GMPP pedal bracket and cut the plastic pedal off and welded the stock one back on. You can see in the build thread around #195. I had to make a small bracket and spot weld to the firewall. Mine is not yet painted so anything you dream is easy that way!

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...&postcount=195