Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 02-19-2017, 06:45 PM

Default Ricks Restomod Tank Question?

Has anybody bought and used the Rick's Restomod Tank? I'm about to order one with the zl1 pump for a ls7 67 camaro that I'm building and trying to see if its worth the 139 dollar upgrade to do the side pick ups. Matt at MCB said that for my application and most others, that they are not using the side pick ups any longer, but just wanted some feed back from others on the forum. Purpose is an occasional auto crosser, take it to the drag strip vehicle. Suspension is all ridetech coilover from front to back. Thanks guys!
Old 02-19-2017, 09:41 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I haven't run mine yet so it only opinion. I think it is worth
the extra $$ to have the remote pickups? There are stories all over the internet of people who have to run more than 1/4 tank to keep from sucking air on a simple autocross track. Similar stories of people who jumped in the car and realized it was almost empty and made a good run, later finding out they only had one gallon left, but the remote pickups worked well to scavenge the bottom of the tank. I think the remote pickups will make the car more reliable like an OEM setup, the main reason I went that way.
Hope that helps! I am sure others with more experience will chime in.

Scott

Last edited by SlowProgress; 02-20-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:13 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

I have one of the vaporworx stainless tanks in mine. Mine has the tubes and I have ran autocross runs with a couple of gallons in the tank without any issues. I would call Ricks and talk to Hector. Maybe he can give you some insight on why they made it an add on option. Hector and his crew are great to deal with. Please post up what he says.
Full of DSE and Holley parts
Old 02-20-2017, 10:53 AM

When i bought mine I spoke to Hector about this and he said we would be fine. The question would be how much horse power are you running. I beleved he told me that a "stock tank" was good for 500hp. If you a vaporwork why get the restomod tank?

72 Chevy Nova in pieces trying to rebulid this bucket of bolts (really just a labor of love)

Crew Chief's: Helping pilots get laid since 1947
Old 02-20-2017, 07:50 PM

I spoke with somebody at Rick's today and he told me that the restomod tank with the zl1 pump comes standard with the side pick up. He said he didn't know that they came without the pick ups and that if there was an option with or without that he recommended with. Who knows? I was originally wanting the side pick ups, but Matt at MCB basically talked me out of them. After speaking with Rick's, I'm going to order them with the tank and be done with it so I don't have to worry about it. By the way, their price straight from Rick's is very competitive.