Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Wink I love cool new stuff :)~

Every once in a while I'll run into something I'm skeptical about, then I stew on it for a few months and then take the plunge. The first thing was the incredible new addiction to www.jdmastar.com LED lighting products - bad ass - period. See page two and three of this thread:

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...t=54896&page=2

Next, nobody makes a PCM programmer that will work with our ol' '07 Chrysler Town and Country. Then I stewed and stewed yet again and finally took the plunge on this item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volo-Perform...dYy26l&vxp=mtr

I have no idea why VOLO doesn't have the VP15 listed on their web site:

www.voloperformance.com

It is a "soft flash" (external) system that intrigued me as to the tech, and the money back guarantee made me give it a shot. Results? HOLY SMOKES !!! At very least 20-30 horsepower more when you tromp down on it, and at very least 2-3 MPG increase in fuel economy! I couldn't believe it, so I bought a few more to try out on some other vehicles, and yep! Same kick ass results on all of the other vehicles too. What I thought was very neat is that it can be transferred from vehicle to vehicle just by connecting it to your PC / laptop and uploading a different vehicle specific tune. Also, here in Wilson County, TN, they emissions test OBD II cars before you can renew your license plate. If they find a non factory PCM flash = FAIL! With this VOLO chip being a soft flash item, all I had to do was unplug it from the OBD II port, tuck the connecter up and out of sight under the dash, and let them run their emissions test - bam - perfect pass! Then I just hit the next parking lot over after the emissions test and plugged the VOLO chip back in - DONE!

Soooooo, yes - this thing can be tuned for various different settings when connected to the PC / laptop, and does work very very well! It has many optional performance modifications in the programming function (cold air package, headers / exhaust...) Don't get me wrong, a full $$$ custom tuner package such as Hypertech and other brands is definitely needed for certain muscle car builds, but a local buddy of mine picked up some really good results on his late model Vette, and also one of my employee's with an '02 Mustang just soft flashing with the VOLO chip.

JDM ASTAR LED lighting, and this new VOLO VP15 have impressed me very much, and I just thought I'd share this with you guys

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com

Last edited by Hydratech®; 05-13-2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo