Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 04-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default Headers for Speedtech Pro-Touring Subframe

I am looking for recommendations on headers that will fit Speedtech's Pro-Touring subframe with reasonable clearance. I have been attempting to work with Speedtech and Ultimate Headers since September 2016. As of today I still do not have a set of headers that will fit and it doesn't appear that there is a clear directive/path in sight that will get me a set of headers.

Hate to say this but I wish I had just bought DSE. Atleast I would likely have a set of headers at this point. I am ready to move forward with my build and am currently on hold due to this for over 6 months. Which in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone have any advice or guidance? Thanks!
Old 04-03-2017, 11:13 PM

what are the issues you are running into with just using some headers like stainless works? I have them and clearance is a 8.5 out of 10. Im looking to switch to DSE headers for the ultimate clearance. Tough to bite the 2k bill though when what i have now works but I'm trying to get that extra 1/2" ride height clearance.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:20 AM

Are you looking for long tube? Im starting to test fit my speedtech sub with the holley mid length. Since the pro touring version is based on the gm version I think some swap headers will work. The real area of concern is the steering shaft. I should know in a few weeks how all my stuff fits. It's a 67 camaro speedtech pro touring sub mast pan and holley ls swap mid length.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:14 AM

Speedtech sells headers for that subframe on their website. Are you saying they don't fit? That seems amazing given that subframe has been in production for over 10 years.

Have you spoken directly with Blake? In my experience he is one of the most responsive vendors on these forums.

Don

Last edited by dhutton; 04-04-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:58 PM

Yes we have been talking.

The headers in question are supposed to ship today or tomorrow. and I will tell you this is not the first time I have had to say this to Derek.
Originally we sent a production sample to Ultimate to "COPY" and then started shipping them. Yes shame on us for not going 100% on the retest. but they looked good. Since they were to be a copy I felt no reason to think other wise.

MY BAD!!!

I can certainly understand his HUGE frustration I have the same issue with the header. We have others customers waiting as well.

We have now test fit 3 sets making changes that really should not have been required. and I am now assured that they are correct. We will certainly try another set to make sure.

Blake
Old 04-06-2017, 09:14 PM

I have set of the Speedtech branded Ultimate Headers 1 7/8" Long Tubes for the Pro-Touring Subframe. Hoped to install subframe and headers in Feb but life got in the way. Should be installing them in the next few weeks.

I will let you know how they fit.

Dave
Old 04-17-2017, 03:45 PM

Please do