Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Brakes
User Name
Password

Old 12-02-2016, 02:03 AM

Default 2nt gen Camaro....has anyone ran c5 brakes with truck calipers?

2nt gen Camaro....has anyone ran c5 brakes with truck calipers?
I see custom works performance has bra let's for newer 2000+ truck calipers for c5 brakes. Has anyone done this? From what I see they have the best clamping force vs corvette/camaro calipers. Any info on this would be great!!
Old 12-27-2016, 12:00 AM

The types of kits that use the late model GM parts have their place for budget builds. Iron hubs/calipers with bulky slip-on rotors, however, aren't exactly light setups. Kore3 is another option and their hubs also allow for heavy duty 1/2" wheel studs to be used.
http://kore3.com/

If it is at all possible, I would save up a little cash and chase down a Pro-Touring F-Body kit which uses Wilwood components. Aluminum hubs/calipers and lightweight bolt-on rotors make for a nice lightweight "big brake" package. I'm actually using their A.X. Special kit on my 2nd gen. These kits use heavy duty 1/2" wheel studs and can also be upgraded to the 13" brake setup just by changing the bracket and rotor.
http://pro-touringf-body.com/brakes.html

You can also swap out your stock calipers for aluminum twin piston D-52 calipers from Wilwood. This would allow for stock size 15" wheels to be used. PTFB and many other vendors can supply this.

Hopefully my input helps puts a broader picture in place. The big brake kits will require big wheels.