Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Shop & Equipment
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2014, 04:56 PM

I agree the snap on 1/2 with lithium batteries is the way to go. I have the drill to. Worth the money in my opinion. I use these mainly instead of grabbing an air impact.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COYBILT View Post
The guys at the street races used to bring those out, they could use those and do a wheel tire change in no time. They are very impressive, hey Greg how do you like your snap on unit? I think I may need to pick one, I can't let Greg weld be the cool kid of the block all the time.

I always buy Snap-On products when I see something that I don't have -- and particularly when it's on special.

I haven't really used this newest purchase yet except to try it on the big azz trailer wheels. SOB has some TORQUE!!
Old 11-24-2014, 05:55 AM

Being " blue collar " I had to take a long road to Milwaukee ownership. Found a 1/2" 18V fuel impact on Ebay....tool alone $99 free shipping.....bought the charger off Ebay 24.95+12.00 shipping. I'm lucky enough to have a Milwaukee tool repair center in my town.....2 take out batteries tested good.....30 day exchange. Policy....$25 each plus sales tax......I'm very happy with my cheap tool! I might pick up the 3/8" drive too find them on the internet for $249. We used to be able to get great deals at the Milwaukee repair depot on new tools, the dealers threw a fit, now the only deals are warranty returns.....no fuel series have shown up yet. I have used Snap on and Ingersol Rand cordless they have nothing over the Milwaukee impact except there is no big white truck that stops by your shop for service.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:20 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid LT1 View Post
Being " blue collar " I had to take a long road to Milwaukee ownership. Found a 1/2" 18V fuel impact on Ebay....tool alone $99 free shipping.....bought the charger off Ebay 24.95+12.00 shipping. I'm lucky enough to have a Milwaukee tool repair center in my town.....2 take out batteries tested good.....30 day exchange. Policy....$25 each plus sales tax......I'm very happy with my cheap tool! I might pick up the 3/8" drive too find them on the internet for $249. We used to be able to get great deals at the Milwaukee repair depot on new tools, the dealers threw a fit, now the only deals are warranty returns.....no fuel series have shown up yet. I have used Snap on and Ingersol Rand cordless they have nothing over the Milwaukee impact except there is no big white truck that stops by your shop for service.

I like the way you did this! Yankee ingenuity! Why do I buy Snap-On? Because I can.... they're good tools. But there's lots of good tools out there that work just fine for a fraction of the cost.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Snap-On had a show special at GoodGuys Scottsdale event so I bought their 1/2" 18V Lithium electric for the hauler. Just for fun I torqued the nuts on the trailer... It took two hands to hold the gun! This thing is a twisting machine!

https://store.snapon.com/CT7850-Seri...--P737591.aspx
These are no joke, awesome.