Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-24-2014, 01:45 AM

Before you get too far into it.... mock in the glass and window trim. Also don't forget (if you had not already) hammer in the pinch welded section of the rear front fender support. It always seems to scrap paint when you go to open the doors after 6 coats of paint and clear. My body guy learned that lesson once.

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 04-24-2014, 01:48 AM

Ouch, them puppies always think they are bullet proof don't they. We have two Yorkies and one was like that. Jumping off of everything...not just jumping but close to flying. She has here own credit card for medical use.

Dealer for

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 04-24-2014, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
Before you get too far into it.... mock in the glass and window trim. Also don't forget (if you had not already) hammer in the pinch welded section of the rear front fender support. It always seems to scrap paint when you go to open the doors after 6 coats of paint and clear. My body guy learned that lesson once.
Hey Vince. You're still at it putting in the long days! Good point on mocking up the glass and trim. I did the windshield but keep forgetting the other glass. Is fitting the rear enough since the quarter and door glass is adjustable?

I hear you on the fender support. I've had to do that already to get clearence. It's part of the reason I keep debating on replacing the driver side fender. The support is pushed in on top and down and out on the bottom just below the mid line. The mid body line is flattened a little. There were two tears/cracks I had to weld up as well. One at the edge of the top support at the top body line and the other at the mid body line. I've been able to move the metal a little to make it fit a hell of a lot better but it is tighter than the passenger side in the area you mentioned. Things just don't want to move back in place with that big structural support being slightly tweaked. I can't decide if I should replace the fender or not. It's wavy where the support is to the door edge. I ran a straight edge down the side of the car and it's going to take a little over 1/16" of filler at the worst spot. I guess it's not a big deal as I purposely worked the edge out to proper height so I'm not having to build up the edge with filler.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:00 AM

yeah, still going, up at 6 and asleep by 2...plan on a much needed vacation soon. The perks of being a new-ish small business in Calif.

Is that a new fender or original? You have gone this far you may as well tear into it. If you buy a new replacment you'll end up having to work it anyways. -especially at that upper tip won't match the door. Something that bugs me with the aftermarket metal.

side glass is ok, its the rear that I check after quarters and filler replacment.

Dealer for

NEVER FORGET -11

Last edited by Vince@Meanstreets; 04-24-2014 at 03:02 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Ouch, them puppies always think they are bullet proof don't they. We have two Yorkies and one was like that. Jumping off of everything...not just jumping but close to flying. She has here own credit card for medical use.
Flying is right! I hope yours are doing well. I thought puppies were like babies and pretty resilient. I didn't expect her to blow out both elbows from jumping a couple feet off the ground. Our other lab was wild and crazy as a puppy and nothing happened. Guess we were lucky! We were shocked but the ortho doc says its not as rare as you would think. The vet talked about having to amputate both front legs when we brought her in. Obvious quality of life issue and possibly putting her down. We weren't having that so we got an orthopedist to do the surgery on both legs. One has healed ok and the other shows signs of bone loss and hasn't grown back together. 3 surgeries in and they're talking about amputation again. Ugh! It makes me sick to my stomach. My wife found water therapy and stem cell treatment but it runs $2500 to $3k. That's a lot of car parts! I think our puppy needs her own credit card too. And a job to pay for it! The puppy is actually my daughters and she has me wrapped around her finger. What do you do.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:21 AM

Quote:
yeah, still going, up at 6 and asleep by 2...plan on a much needed vacation soon. The perks of being a new-ish small business in Calif.

Is that a new fender or original? You have gone this far you may as well tear into it. If you buy a new replacment you'll end up having to work it anyways. -especially at that upper tip won't match the door. Something that bugs me with the aftermarket metal.

side glass is ok, its the rear that I check after quarters and filler replacment.
I don't know how you do it. You must be younger than me or a machine. I was able to do it until my mid thirties and burned out. Now I work for the man. There are times when I miss my business but never the hours.

Original. The AMD one on the passenger side fit ok but you're absolutely right. I had to work it for a while too. Overall the AMD's a better fit comparing to the accident damage on the original. I also have to change the light flange on the original from RS to standard which was my other excuse. It seems easier to go the other way from std to RS. If it weren't for $200 shipping I wouldn't think twice. Back to the garage I go. I'm pretty sure I can make it work.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Vince, I can't find my book and I'm coming up short searching. Do you recall the window opening dimensions. How wide at bottom corners and how tall at middle?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2014, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX145 View Post
Vince, I can't find my book and I'm coming up short searching. Do you recall the window opening dimensions. How wide at bottom corners and how tall at middle?

Thanks
had i checked the site at dinner I would have been able to check but im at home with no book or car to measure. I remember there was a thread on the subject a few months ago.

Dealer for

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 09-10-2015, 11:35 PM

I've got a lot of posting to catch up on. A lot of life has happened since my last post. I got the car put together in primer in the spring. We went to a few car shows to spend time with my dad and friends and ran a few autocross events. I was surprised to not see more restomod pro-touring cars out here in the NW.

I'm currently pulling the 4 speed out and putting a Magnum T56 in.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:36 PM