Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 04-21-2014, 11:19 PM

Default Help with LS3 Connect and Cruise Package

Need some help guys. Just got done putting the GM LS3 Connect and Cruise package in my 1969 Camaro. It is the 430 hp LS3 with the 4L65E trans. Having an issue with the trans. When you really get on it, the shift from 1st to 2nd has a slip to it. Very noticeable as the RPMs jump up and you can feel it slip before it finally engages 2nd. Then, after the car is warmed up, the downshift between 2nd and 1st can really be felt. drop in RPM when the downshift occurs and then a surge. Has anyone had success in accessing the ECM and trans controller on the connect and cruise package? Any suggestions on a shop in Phoenix AZ area that might be good with this package? This is the only issue that I am having with this package. It runs great and sounds awesome through the Magnaflow exhaust. Just need to get this trans issue fixed.

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:19 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

You package should have come with some software and a USb cable to connect to the trans controller. You should be able to tune it there. In addition, there are a couple of switches you can connect that will put the trans in performance mode, the wires are there, you supply the switches.

The directions and paper work leave a lot to be desired as far as what to connect to what. They mix pin outs and connection information all into one page. Its there, you just have to dig it out...

T,
Old 04-23-2014, 11:22 PM

Thanks Tom. I contacted GM and they are sending me a CD since it was not in the package when I received the motor, trans, etc. Any suggestions on what might be causing the slip between 1st and 2nd?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:09 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroinaz View Post
Thanks Tom. I contacted GM and they are sending me a CD since it was not in the package when I received the motor, trans, etc. Any suggestions on what might be causing the slip between 1st and 2nd?

Lazy programming.....basically set for softer shift points, more torque management if I were to register a guess.... I haven't been able to look at the trans programming yet, but I am doing another GMPP swap and will load the software up and look into it.

They also need to send you the cable to connect to the harness with a USB port.

T,