Old 07-27-2014, 05:42 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed69 View Post
great job so far,car looks great
Thx bud!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:01 PM

Looks really nice, I like the color!!

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 07-28-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick D View Post
Looks really nice, I like the color!!
Thanks Rick!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:37 AM

Great project for father/son. My dad and grandfather tried to teach me carpentry, but I just kept taking things apart and putting them back together - the lawn mower, bicycle, scooter, etc.. my brother claims that I was adopted since I'm so different from the rest of my family. So I envy you this father/son time. The build is going well. Wondered if you considered the GMPP FAED parts on Jegs or Summitt? They look to be less expensive than the Holly parts. Are you going to add AC to the car? I hope so given the heat/humidity of Houston.

Great to plan to pass the car to your son. I'm thinking as a college graduation present so that you have many years of driving fun with the car before that day.

Rod
Old 07-28-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRod View Post
Great project for father/son. My dad and grandfather tried to teach me carpentry, but I just kept taking things apart and putting them back together - the lawn mower, bicycle, scooter, etc.. my brother claims that I was adopted since I'm so different from the rest of my family. So I envy you this father/son time. The build is going well. Wondered if you considered the GMPP FAED parts on Jegs or Summitt? They look to be less expensive than the Holly parts. Are you going to add AC to the car? I hope so given the heat/humidity of Houston.

Great to plan to pass the car to your son. I'm thinking as a college graduation present so that you have many years of driving fun with the car before that day.

Rod
Rod,

The car will not have A/C at first. The Vintage Air setup wasn't included in the budget so that will have to come later. I jokingly told my wife I was not going to put the windshield in until the A/C was installed.

My son and/or daughter will take the reigns when they are responsible enough to handle the car and fix whatever breaks. There will be NO high school joy rides for them.

I pray to God I have the chance to see them drive it.

I chose the Holley setup just because of personal preference. The GMPP setup is nice. I didn't want to purchase a new LS3 crank pulley since I already had the F-body pulley, so the Holley setup worked best for me.

Jason
Old 07-28-2014, 02:48 PM

Default Good one

Good line about the windshield. I use to joke when I had my 68 many years ago that I had 260 AC. 2 windows open and 60 mph was find on the hot summer days. Any less than 60 and "AC performance" fell off dramatically.

I hear you about your kids and waiting till they can be responsible drivers. My older brother nearly got my parents insurance cancelled in his first year of driving. So I wasn't allow to get mine until I was 18. Unfortunately, that was the year of the big family move to southern Oregon. Since my parents settled 11 miles outside of town, my younger siblings got their licenses at 16. Ah the joys of being special.

I'll pray that you see both of them drive the car someday. That will be a great thing for a father.
Rod
Old 07-28-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRod View Post
Good line about the windshield. I use to joke when I had my 68 many years ago that I had 260 AC. 2 windows open and 60 mph was find on the hot summer days. Any less than 60 and "AC performance" fell off dramatically.

I hear you about your kids and waiting till they can be responsible drivers. My older brother nearly got my parents insurance cancelled in his first year of driving. So I wasn't allow to get mine until I was 18. Unfortunately, that was the year of the big family move to southern Oregon. Since my parents settled 11 miles outside of town, my younger siblings got their licenses at 16. Ah the joys of being special.

I'll pray that you see both of them drive the car someday. That will be a great thing for a father.
Rod
Thanks dude...means a lot!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:06 PM

Jason!

The work you are doing on the Camaro (with Jayden’s help and your little princess) is awesome! You are putting effort addressing and improving things on the car and it is coming out insane; I LOVE the color!

I am glad you continued the project and you are bringing your vision to life through the build. Thank you for the message as well, means a lot and got me motivated to get back on the saddle!

Gui
Old 07-31-2014, 01:23 PM

WOW!! Just got caught up with everything! Man - you're making some great progress on the car! The color looks great! You didn't say what wheels you choose yet - but I vote #2. Everything thus far looks spot on. With all of the research and homework we do building these cars - it is by far the most exciting part of the build seeing it all come together. As stated by many in this thread....the best part is having your son involved. These are memories both of you will never forget and always reflect back on which is priceless!