Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-31-2014, 12:22 AM

Let me know if you have any questions how to get the best results I have done tons of cars that turned out great. Just remember water is kryptonite to plasti dip. If there is any moisture in the gaps or cracks it will bubble. Also, not sure if you have already, but check out the forums on dipyourcar.com there is tons of info and senior dippers to answer any question
Old 06-02-2014, 04:49 PM

Man my infamous signature is getting covered up....
Old 06-04-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgmoney View Post
Let me know if you have any questions how to get the best results I have done tons of cars that turned out great. Just remember water is kryptonite to plasti dip. If there is any moisture in the gaps or cracks it will bubble. Also, not sure if you have already, but check out the forums on dipyourcar.com there is tons of info and senior dippers to answer any question
Thanks for the info I have been talking to Brad at dipyourcar.com and he has gave me some good advice on how to make things work better the next time. thanks for the insight and advice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonecrrusher View Post
Man my infamous signature is getting covered up....
That was the idea for the plasti dip was to cover them up with the thought of bringing them back at a later date. so for now it is back again!
my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:48 AM

well it has been a azz kicker of a month but finally seem to be making progress! after having the plasti dip process go so wrong we peeled everything off and are going to give it a whirl again at a later time but for now it is back to the interior of the car to clean things up a bit.I have been driving the car for 6 years with no carpet and I think this is way over due!

Hoping to get everything back together to hit the last couple of legs on the power tour in a couple of days!
my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:37 PM

Well I have no idea what happened but it is almost August and my spring list is not even done yet! life has been a blur this summer tons of stuff happening and lots of changes to the Belair have taking place and we have been driving the heck out of the car! tires and wheels are finally getting the abuse they were bought for! changes this year have been used tires and wheels off of a 7 series bmw.,and it looks like a 285/35/20 is the max tire with that you can possibly stuff in the factory wheel wells! carpet and under matting really made a huge difference in the noise in the car as did the new weather stripping,fan crapped out and was replaced with a Spal fan instead.,cpp master cyl. was replaced with a Wilwood with a 1" bore master, switched the car over to E85 fuel and my friend Carl of Lancer automotive re tuned the car with a more aggressive timing map and what a difference! and also pulled the camper on a couple of weekend camping excursions too! one involving road racing,drag racing and drove the camper there and back!

I could not be happier with the way the car is going this year!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,574 Times in 857 Posts

Love the bike rack shot

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 09-30-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
Love the bike rack shot
lol. I put that one up just for your Marty! I hope everything is going well for you! hope to see you at SEMA .
Old 09-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,574 Times in 857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rodz View Post
lol. I put that one up just for your Marty! I hope everything is going well for you! hope to see you at SEMA .
I have a hotel and plane tickets but not sure if I have the time to go. It's been crazy here at work. We are short one person and haven't decided if we are going to hire someone to replace him yet.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale
Old 10-03-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
I have a hotel and plane tickets but not sure if I have the time to go. It's been crazy here at work. We are short one person and haven't decided if we are going to hire someone to replace him yet.
I know just how you feel this is the third year in a row that I was going to go and just got way to busy with work and this year I just said I am going to go and work can wait! hope to see you there!
Old 06-02-2015, 02:22 PM

Going like mad trying to get a huge list of s#!t to do done in order to make it on the power tour for the first couple legs anyways. some of the list consists of New transmission,new restalled torq converter,new 14" rotors,new calipers and mounts,wiper motor,A arms,shock mounts,sway bar mounts and tons more!