Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 11-02-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Please Help, MEFI 4A Sucks, Ram Jet 350

Is there any other option than purchasing this MEFI4B from MSD Fuel Injection ($1300) or the one from AZ Speed and Marine ($600) in order to reprogram a ram jet 350 for the GMPP Hot Cam and Fast burn heads. I'm working with a limited budget and also do not have access to a shop with a dyno to tune the new ECM. I've googled myself blind trying to find a solution to this, I found several tuners that claim to be able to bypass the password part of the MEFI4A, but there is just as many other tuner sites that say MEFI4A can't be tuned b/c it is locked.

If anyone has an economical solution to this delima I'm all ears, I just can see throwing away a brand new MEFI4A just to be able to install cam and heads, the GMPP hot cam is not that much more radical that the factory Ram Jet cam.

PLEASE HELP
Old 11-05-2007, 12:38 PM

hey Im a lurker but I read this and i feel your pain. Id trully recommend going to megasquirt. There are quite a bit of upsides to going with this setup. First and foremost is cost. Depending on what you purchase since there are options is that it would be under 500 dollars total. Second its completely compatible with every sensor on your motor so integrating it would only require cutting over the EFI harness to the MS plug. Third Megasquirt is WAYYY user friendly and can definetly be tuned by a newbie. Fourth and this is most important compared to the mefi4b route is a huge userbase of support for even the strangest of questions. Check it out, and after all that remember that if you decide to go even wilder on your motor or change it up altogether, you can retune it again and again oh heres a link http://www.msefi.com hope i could help you out
Old 11-05-2007, 11:36 PM

Thanks for the info, I will definately check that option out.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 PM

MSD will wipe your MEFI4b and install thier own program for about $250