Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 11-25-2009, 10:49 AM

Default Retrotek

I am looking at crossing over to an EFI system for my 68 camaro. There are so many new systems on the market but recently saw the retrotek system in Camaro Perfomers mag. Anybody out there have any input on this system or other brands. I have a ZZ-4 with hot cam (about 410 hp in the thin Colorado air) I was hoping the EFI would boost my hp a little down here.
Thanks
Old 11-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Look at the FAST EZ-EFI system - it will bolt right onto your carb intake - and use your current throttle linkage etc.

It will support 600 HP right out of the box and requires no tuning - set it up by answering the questions - and start using it - it's self tuning using a wide band O2 sensor. Pretty sweet if you ask me.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:26 PM

Im looking at possibly doing some thing like this to my 468 BBC in my Camaro Z28. The ease of starting and tunability sound like this would be the perfect system. Have you had any experiance with this EFI Greg? Like to learn and hear more from others who have this setup. Looks like a super easy install too!
Old 11-25-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony byram View Post
Im looking at possibly doing some thing like this to my 468 BBC in my Camaro Z28. The ease of starting and tunability sound like this would be the perfect system. Have you had any experiance with this EFI Greg? Like to learn and hear more from others who have this setup. Looks like a super easy install too!
I personally have not had any hands on with this FAST EZ-EFI system - but have read a couple of articles on it - and there is a thread on here somewhere that I think Steve Rupp started... where they tested the stuff for the magazine.

Heres's the thread on Lat G

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=20078

This style of "self tuning" seems to be the latest rage for EFI... and it makes sense to me that they'll sell a ton of these kinds of units.

Last edited by GregWeld; 11-25-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:25 AM

I like FAST EFI products, but in my particular application mainly no fuel return line, The retrotek/professional products Powerjection III is the simplist EFI out there in my opinion and my application. Also, very easy install with little to no wiring harnesses, and self tuning. The returnless fuell system up to 500hp is now available. I am ording this next month for my 390, I have been emailing them for the past 4 months on this... Also the price for the full system plus fuel system is about $1890.00

http://www.retrotekspeed.com/products/powerjection-iii

This is a really neat video

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/forum/one- ... -2033.html

Blessings,
AMS
Old 01-01-2010, 05:52 PM

Default Retrotek

I have a retrotek system. I had it on the ZZ4 in my 68 Camoro. It was a very easy install, mounts right on your 4bl intake. the wires are all marked and the instructions are very straight forward. This system uses dashboard software to program with on your laptop. It also uses a wide band o2 sensor so it can "learn" as you drive. It was my first venture into EFI and I was very impressed with the difference it made on my car.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:23 PM

Go for it. I run the old style Holley 4bbl TBI System, and love it.
Makes a huge difference starting, cold running, even lugging down to very low rpms.
Attached Images

My Camaro Board
http://www.Jimragtop.com
Jim's Blog!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:54 PM

My GoodGuys Gazette has an AD for INGLESE 8 stack EFI with the No Tuning EZ-EFI as a "system"... looks killer! And no tuning no laptop and supports up to 1000 HP!

Doesn't get much easier than that!!
Old 01-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Default Retrotek

I installed a BossEFi 2 from Retrotek a couples years ago and the car runs great. Easy to install. The new Powerinjection 3 is even easier. Great product.
1969 Camaro, Procharged D1SC GM PP HO 454, Retrotek Speed Boss EFI, MSD6 BTM ignition with Pro billet distributor, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake, 700R4, 12 bolt 373 with posi, pypes exhaust. Air Ride Suspension.
http://gallery.mac.com/bobb22#100046...lack&view=grid
Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 AM

Default Powerjection 3 under rated!!

Ive got two Powerjection 3 throttlebodies on my twin turbo 67 stang and put down 752 at the tires. Also runs like a stocker. Killer product just under advertized! Seems like the hype is going to the FAST system but in my book the Powerjection is awesome and can handle some serious boost easy! These guys have it figured out in my book and the wireing is almost non existant. Also the injectiors spray on top of the butterflies which is much better for distribution. When they are sprayed in the plenum they risk puddling! Just my 2 cents hope it helps.
A shootoff would be nice between the two!!