DSE quadralink 44 68.75%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2012, 12:02 AM

Pros for the G-link is:
1. Ease of installation
2. Rod ends and not rubber/poly bushings
3. Adjustability side to side, pinion angle, link angles on the housing

Cons for the G-link:
1. Ride height adjustibility. Several members had to run shorter springs to get their heights. I don't want to be Gaetano low but really like where JDman camaro's ride height.

Bret, how does ridetech get their cars low with coil overs? Are their shock bodies and springs shorter? You don't have to cut the trunk and install the upper shock mount like DSE.

68 Camaro, LS1 T56, DSE Speed Kit 2, DSE Quadralink, DSE Mini Tub, Forgelines, Vintage Air, Dakota Digital, GM Tilt Column, Corbeau Seats
2012 Dodge 3500 4x4 6.7L Diesel CCSB
Old 03-13-2012, 12:37 AM

Oh no you didn't......

BAM!

BAM BAM!!

BAM BAM BAM!!!

Last edited by Track Junky; 03-13-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Supporting Vendor

Bret, how does ridetech get their cars low with coil overs? Are their shock bodies and springs shorter? You don't have to cut the trunk and install the upper shock mount like DSE.[/QUOTE]

We run a 4.1" stroke shock with the RideTech 4 link. We get the car low in a couple of ways:

1. we drop the bottom of the shock by an inch with our billet lower shock mount
2. we angle the shock in to the center at the top slightly. This also keeps the spring rate linear when the body rolls...the shocks dont lean out in compression.

Here is the 4 link video form the 48 Hour Camaro build: http://48hourcamaro.com/2011/08/prod...ar-suspension/

Here is the installation instructions for that 4 link:http://www.ridetech.com/store/1967-1...rd-airbar.html
Click on the tab that says "instructions".
Air Ride Technologies, Inc.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Supporting Vendor

BTW...can you modify your poll to show the RideTech 4 link as a possibility?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frojoe View Post
...The only downside as Todd mentioned was the lack of front cradle/crossbar for the UCA's, so I did this...
After seeing those same frame rail pics I also got a little concerned about the thin frame rails and lack of a connecting brace for those front upper links. To make matters worse I read something lately that claimed the Nova's have thinner rails than first gen F-bodies. I find that a little hard to believe though but it has me curious.

I think realistically the G-link and Quadra Link are probably more similar in this area of concern. I'd like to see some hard data though. The intended usage of either is probably not the drag strip with sticky tires. Yes, the frame rails have been an issue with G-link as we've seen. Very limited that I'm aware of though. The Quadra-Link welds to the floor pan area. How can that not be just as weak? There's more weld area so maybe that is it? Or is it that those builds just aren't as likely to hit the drag strip with sticky tires?

Having spent quality time underneath mine this weekend installing the gear case, I was eying the possibility of a similar setup as what you've done. You just helped prove it could be done . My setup is already welded in the car though so it might prove a bit of a challenge. I was thinking about coming up with something that would tie into the area where the OE snubber bolted in. I was having trouble visualizing how I might attach a bar to that area where the links bolt to though. Do you have any other pictures of that area and how you accomplished that without interfering with travel of the links?

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret View Post
BTW...can you modify your poll to show the RideTech 4 link as a possibility?
Bret thank you for the responses on my questions. I can't figure out how to add the RideTech 4 Link to the poll. Maybe a moderator can add if for us. I have a few other question/comments I will send you an email. My email address is the same as my name on here. Will you guys be at Pleasanton?

Bret tried sending an email but it wouldn't go through, can you PM me your address.

68 Camaro, LS1 T56, DSE Speed Kit 2, DSE Quadralink, DSE Mini Tub, Forgelines, Vintage Air, Dakota Digital, GM Tilt Column, Corbeau Seats

Last edited by DEIGuy38; 03-14-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC71Nova View Post
After seeing those same frame rail pics I also got a little concerned about the thin frame rails and lack of a connecting brace for those front upper links. To make matters worse I read something lately that claimed the Nova's have thinner rails than first gen F-bodies. I find that a little hard to believe though but it has me curious.

I think realistically the G-link and Quadra Link are probably more similar in this area of concern. I'd like to see some hard data though. The intended usage of either is probably not the drag strip with sticky tires. Yes, the frame rails have been an issue with G-link as we've seen. Very limited that I'm aware of though. The Quadra-Link welds to the floor pan area. How can that not be just as weak? There's more weld area so maybe that is it? Or is it that those builds just aren't as likely to hit the drag strip with sticky tires?

Having spent quality time underneath mine this weekend installing the gear case, I was eying the possibility of a similar setup as what you've done. You just helped prove it could be done . My setup is already welded in the car though so it might prove a bit of a challenge. I was thinking about coming up with something that would tie into the area where the OE snubber bolted in. I was having trouble visualizing how I might attach a bar to that area where the links bolt to though. Do you have any other pictures of that area and how you accomplished that without interfering with travel of the links?

Thanks!
I'll dig up some more pics and send to you when I get home tonight. Should I email? If so, PM the details.

Cheers,
joe

Old 03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEIGuy38 View Post
Bret thank you for the responses on my questions. I can't figure out how to add the RideTech 4 Link to the poll. Maybe a moderator can add if for us. I have a few other question/comments I will send you an email. My email address is the same as my name on here. Will you guys be at Pleasanton?

Bret tried sending an email but it wouldn't go through, can you PM me your address.

Direct email is [email protected]

Yes, we will be at Pleasanton and will have that bolt-in 4 link on display installed on a Dynacorn floorpan so you can see exactly how it goes in. I have to go to the Texas Goodguys this weekend so my responses might be slow. Our application engineer Rodney Mason [[email protected]] can also answer any questions as well.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret View Post
Direct email is [email protected]

Yes, we will be at Pleasanton and will have that bolt-in 4 link on display installed on a Dynacorn floorpan so you can see exactly how it goes in. I have to go to the Texas Goodguys this weekend so my responses might be slow. Our application engineer Rodney Mason [[email protected]] can also answer any questions as well.
Email sent, I will look you up at Pleasanton

Old 03-14-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
Oh no you didn't......

BAM BAM BAM!!!
Forget what Guy says, your ride height is purrrrrrrrrrfect!!