Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2014, 07:08 PM

Default Onebad78ta

Here are a few pics before the car was moved to metalworks classics to complete the car,It took a while to get the hack working on it to release the car but at least it's finally out and can get some quality work done.i am expecting the motor from BUTLER PERFORMANCE in a couple weeks and should get some dyno pulls on video so that should be cool,,,,,I don't mean to complain on here but sometimes I need to vent and ask for opinions on time to do some of the fab work because I know when I'm being scammed like the 36 hours he charged to do the work you see on the roll cage,,he said it had nascar side bars and an X brace in the back and it's not there WTF,,,PLUS NOT 1 tube is welded,,I'm sure some of you guys are capable of doing a complete cage install in 36 hours or am I wrong,,,this is where opinions would be appriciated
Attached Images

Last edited by ONEBAD78TA; 11-22-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:08 AM

clean car, will follow this one
Old 11-23-2014, 10:35 AM

Thanks,,,the nice stuff is comming soon
Old 11-23-2014, 10:40 AM

nascar door bars? i think not..... His cage does not look all that bad though unless the pictures make it look better then it really is. Does suck to hear he charged you what he did.

Look forward to seeing your build. Glad to see you getting it in the right hands.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:54 AM

Thanks again ,,yea All I had seen was his bill with him saying he did nascar sidebars and an X brace in the rear and as you can see it's not there,,,So I about went through the roof when metalworks posted pics of my car on there sight and I saw that not only did he not do the side bars or X brace but he only tacked the cage and didn't do one weld,,,I paid over 3 thousand dollars for this so I'm pretty upset,,,BUT at least it's in good hands now like you said,,and it should be pretty smooth from now on.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:22 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Whose rear frame rails are those? Maybe it's the angles of the picture but they don't look like they kick up high enough to bring the car down much any more. They actually look like they are lower than the factory frame rails.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 11-23-2014, 07:45 PM

Its an Art Morrison Rear clip,yes I have been very worried about that,,,its not at the ride height I told the guy I wanted it at and like you said it doesnt look like it can go lower,,and thats not something I am ok with ,,I told him I wanted about 1" clearance between the lip off the fender and the tire,,not sure what to do at this point.The guy who measured it Ron Pircey at Ron Pircey Enterprises has done all kinds of very messed up things and thats why I was forced to stop him working on the car and had a different comany come and take it,,hopefully the clip doesnt need to be replaced.I was hoping maybe the frame could be notched and move the coilover mount up as much as it can go but I might be worried about the integrity of the frame.

Last edited by ONEBAD78TA; 11-23-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I would definitely take a step back and get everything measured. It's going to suck to have to redo anything but it will suck worse to redo it later yet.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 11-27-2014, 02:46 PM

yea the car is in a good shop now and they are going to go over it and make sure he put it in ok and if it will be able to be lowered to the right stance,,,I am just amazed at the crap Ive had to go through,,, my paint was perfect,and if you look close it even looks like they stole the little firebird emblem out of my horn button.....SOME PEOPLE,,,,And to think I paid this clown 17k
Old 12-06-2014, 12:26 PM

Butler Performance got the Dyno numbers for me and the new engine makes 655hp and 670 torque!!!!!!!!!!!! Will post up the video asap