Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-06-2019, 09:54 AM

Hello everyone - sorry for the long delay- it has been a crazy busy summer.

Picking back up on the Corvette build:

First update - we upgrade the Heat Exchanger water pump on the Corvette - I had the Bosch OEM style pump but those are undersized and underpowered for this application.

So in this episode - we install an EMP Water pump:

Second update:

In a previous episode -we had installed a set of Hinson motor mounts. At the time on the install I didn't realize that they could be prone to failure due to heat - so I picked up a set of Hinson engine mount heat shields - and install them in this episode:

Third update:

After we got the car back together - I went for a test drive and ran into a huge problem. I ended up blowing out the rear main seal - and had to tear the car apart and replace it.

Last update:

Continuing the problems from the last episode - we ran into a huge problem(s) on the dyno: including fuel pressure drop, a Hobbs switch failure, and a TB failure:

Thats going to be it for the Corvette updates - I actually kicked off a build on the SS - I will post those videos shortly.

I am currently working on the Corvette right now - and will get back to posting videos about those projects very soon.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:54 AM

Hello everyone!

I started filming Corvette videos again - so I will try and post these as I publish them.

In this video - we tear apart the fuel system - and install some fixes that where suggested over on CorvetteForum.

In this video - we test out the fixes from above - we solve the in motion fuel pressure drop - but we run into huge issues with fuel pressure when launching the car:

Old 09-30-2019, 10:02 AM

As you saw in the previous videos - we still had a fuel pressure drop. This turned out to be even a bigger problem then I thought it would be.

Tuns out - I fried the battery cable between the alternator and the starter - so in this video I replace the wiire, install a 270 amp alternator, and install a Zero gauge wire between the new alternator and the fuse box.

After we fixed up the electrical system - I made the decision to replace the entire fuel system. I was sick of the external single pump design - and the leaking fitting/line problems that I kept running into.

So I picked up an Holley dual fuel pump kit + AFPR and return line from A&A Corvettes.

We managed to kill the battery trying to test fire the car (I forgot to put the fuel pump relay back in) - and so I had to send that off to get replaced.

After the battery came back - we primed the fuel pumps - and test fired the car!