Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Engine
User Name
Password

Old 09-03-2015, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71RS/SS396 View Post
Jet Hot can also do a full ceramic coating, it's their 2500 coating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Sutton View Post

This is what we use ... inside & out on the exhaust. Jet-Hot High Performance Coatings is one of the few (if not the only) coating company that can truly coat the inside of the header and/or exhaust tubing. I've been working with them since 1987.

In some of our cars, we run the exhaust through the driveline tunnel to both clean up the airflow under the car & allow us to get the car as low as we want or need it. The exhaust runs past the trans & right next to the driver's right leg & hip. The heat would be bad for both if we didn't control it. We us the 2500° coating inside & out on the full exhaust system, plus coat the trans case & inner driveline tunnel panels. The driver doesn't even notice heat from that area, and the transmissions look great.

Cool, thanks, guys. I'll give them a call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblackmarks... View Post
I dont know what engine specs you are running, but if you are running very little ignition advance you get ALOT of heat through the exhaust. It depends on camshaft size a bit also. More cam, needs more Advance.

I dont know exactly what the temp differences are, but it feels like, atleast, a Bazillion degrees difference.. Or around there in the ballpark someplace..

Even if it is only at idle/lower RPM. Say, under 10 degrees is horrible for engine heat, over 15 is night and day compared!

This makes two of us, ha ha ha. My car is in a prelim tune now while the engine is breaking in. (prelim tune yielded 553 hp on 91 octane) In another couple hundred miles I will take it back for a final tune on a chassis dyno and they should pick up a few more ponies with it. Right now it is running on the rich side as evidenced by the rich exhaust fumes. They tell me the engine will be closer to 600 hp once it receives a final tune. I'll be there when they do this, so hopefully then I'll have an idea on timing and not sound as clueless on my own engine. This would be great if the final tune would help it not be as hot under the hood.