Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-15-2017, 01:04 AM

Default Ahead of it's time

Nice to see someone preserving and using one of these beasts.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:27 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I would love to build a street going version...
Old 03-15-2017, 11:01 AM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts

I'm surprised there aren't more Hill Climbs in the US
Old 03-15-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I'm surprised there aren't more Hill Climbs in the US
Americans think going round and round in a circle is real racing.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
Americans think going round and round in a circle is real racing.
Oval track racing can be incredibly competitive and entertaining. There's no need to talk bad about it. If you didn't grow up watching it, or have never had some sort of investment in it, then you simply aren't going to understand it. So many people are quick to make fun of something they simply don't understand. I for one don't understand or watch baseball, but many people love baseball for different reasons. Either they grew up watching baseball and they enjoy it because their father got them interested in it from a young age, or they became interested in it later on in life because they had some sort of investment in it, like having a child that played the game. Once they have some sort of interest, then it grows from there into watching it on TV, going to professional games etc. This same concept applies with NASCAR, dirt, or any form of circle or oval track racing, except there are way less people in the world who speak about it positively and help to remove the stigma that surrounds it. So many people never give it a chance, they simply try to dumb it down by saying that it's just a bunch of people driving it circles. If a hater was given the opportunity to fully understand and appreciate it for what it is, and see it from the perspective of someone who enjoys it, then maybe they would at least partially get it.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 Z/28 View Post
Oval track racing can be incredibly competitive and entertaining. There's no need to talk bad about it. If you didn't grow up watching it, or have never had some sort of investment in it, then you simply aren't going to understand it. So many people are quick to make fun of something they simply don't understand. I for one don't understand or watch baseball, but many people love baseball for different reasons. Either they grew up watching baseball and they enjoy it because their father got them interested in it from a young age, or they became interested in it later on in life because they had some sort of investment in it, like having a child that played the game. Once they have some sort of interest, then it grows from there into watching it on TV, going to professional games etc. This same concept applies with NASCAR, dirt, or any form of circle or oval track racing, except there are way less people in the world who speak about it positively and help to remove the stigma that surrounds it. So many people never give it a chance, they simply try to dumb it down by saying that it's just a bunch of people driving it circles. If a hater was given the opportunity to fully understand and appreciate it for what it is, and see it from the perspective of someone who enjoys it, then maybe they would at least partially get it.
I could not agree more!!!!! Racing is racing and EVERY form of motorsports has merit. Personally I prefer road racing, but I also recognize and appreciate the skill and technology that is involved in successful oval racing.
Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
"Jeremy Clarkson"

Last edited by TheJDMan; 03-15-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:47 PM

I've watched it (NASCAR) for decades.

This oval racing I can handle.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:11 AM

Thanked 1,474 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS7 Z/28 View Post
I used to understand it! What I don't understand is Cars that don't have any relevance to a street car, competition yellows, Lucky Dog, segmented races, Green White Checker, silly points system, the Chase, scripted qualifying & races.

Not a hater, I have respect for racers that can go at it at 200 mph. But it puts me to sleep (great if I want to take a Nap) and I have to hope that I wake up with 10 laps to go