Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 03-25-2017, 04:55 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Whether it's right or not I did the shotgun approach and bought 4 different companies. 1 in Canada.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSOILGUY View Post
Since we're on the topic of buying and selling has anybody been buying weed stocks? Weld you have mentioned to invest in what you are aware of. What companies were behind your treatment? I've been buying some, I'm not going to miss out on this if it continues which I think it will. I did a lot of research before buying and now I hope I'm right
I don't know about the long term with the industry, I think it's moving so quick it's hard to say how it's going to shake out. In the Seattle area, quick money opportunities are around. Short term loans-12/24 months at 10-15% are usually paid back within 6 months...the relationship is made and the deals continue on the next build. These loans are mainly on the mechanical systems for the grow side of things.

It's crazy, it seems they can't grow it fast enough!
Old 03-25-2017, 11:28 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSOILGUY View Post
Since we're on the topic of buying and selling has anybody been buying weed stocks? Weld you have mentioned to invest in what you are aware of. What companies were behind your treatment? I've been buying some, I'm not going to miss out on this if it continues which I think it will. I did a lot of research before buying and now I hope I'm right

This is a fantastic question with so many answers and probably none of them right.

My personal take on it ----- some people are going to pick the right one ---- most people are going to lose their butts..... This entire field is so subject to the prevailing laws in a state - but the FEDS aren't so sure about all of it.... and then there's the whole "can't bank" issues.

My feeling was and has been this.... when we finally go all 50 states in - and the FED finally gives in and rolls with it ---- then do the big terbacky guys get in and steamroll everyone else? I have no idea - it's just a hypothetical question. They have the money - the marketing and the distribution... but do they want in and would people accept their products ----- or do people want the old "head shop" independents. I have NO IDEA. When I have no idea -- I don't put my money at risk. I just simply don't know where it's all going.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
This is a fantastic question with so many answers and probably none of them right.

My personal take on it ----- some people are going to pick the right one ---- most people are going to lose their butts..... This entire field is so subject to the prevailing laws in a state - but the FEDS aren't so sure about all of it.... and then there's the whole "can't bank" issues.

My feeling was and has been this.... when we finally go all 50 states in - and the FED finally gives in and rolls with it ---- then do the big terbacky guys get in and steamroll everyone else? I have no idea - it's just a hypothetical question. They have the money - the marketing and the distribution... but do they want in and would people accept their products ----- or do people want the old "head shop" independents. I have NO IDEA. When I have no idea -- I don't put my money at risk. I just simply don't know where it's all going.
I think you will see both, big tobacco selling dirt weed to the masses and micro grow operations selling to the upscale customers who can afford better. Think Hood River vodka compared to single malt scotch.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddan View Post
I think you will see both, big tobacco selling dirt weed to the masses and micro grow operations selling to the upscale customers who can afford better. Think Hood River vodka compared to single malt scotch.

Good thoughts!

I read today where CANADA is about to legalize recreational marijuana nation wide. Amazing where we've come since when I was in high school and you went to prison.

To be clear folks ---- I don't use marijuana recreationally (I don't smoke it) -- but am still dosing at night time for what now appears to be my "no longer cancer" issues..... : > ) But that's a completely different thread.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:41 AM

Hey guys,

question for you all, I have my work 401k maxed to what they will match (still have debts that we are trying to snowball) and I have my personal IRA which has all my roll overs from previous jobs.

I was thinking that when we pay off everything, except the house, I want to start contributing to my IRA, BUT since I am can only contribute post-tax I was thinking maybe a ROTH makes sense.

thoughts?
Old 03-30-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainofiron View Post
Hey guys,

question for you all, I have my work 401k maxed to what they will match (still have debts that we are trying to snowball) and I have my personal IRA which has all my roll overs from previous jobs.

I was thinking that when we pay off everything, except the house, I want to start contributing to my IRA, BUT since I am can only contribute post-tax I was thinking maybe a ROTH makes sense.

thoughts?

ROTH IRA is the best gift the government ever gave you. Use it to the max if you qualify.

After that -- and you're truly debt free -- start tossing an extra $200 a month at the mortgage (or more or less depending on what you can afford). The interest rate isn't as important as the amount of MONTHS which grow into YEARS that you'll cut off your mortgage payments. Retiring with money in the bank/invested - and no mortgage and no payments.... oh yeah buddy! That's the way to enjoy your new found freedom!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:08 AM

Default Pretty F'n SAD if you ask me!

I doubt anyone reading this thread is in this situation -- but if they/you are.... they/you only have yourself to blame. Saving and investing is a discipline... if you have no discipline... Well.... good luck 'cause you're going to need it.

62% of Americans have less than $1,000 in a savings account. Even at higher income levels of between $100,000 and $149,999, 44% had less than $1,000.

66 million Americans have zero dollars saved in an emergency fund. 47% of Americans could not afford an emergency expense of $400.

43% of working-age families have no retirement savings at all. The median working-age couple has saved only $5,000 for retirement. 70% of couples have less than $50,000 saved.

65% of credit card users carry a balance (don’t pay off their bill every month), paying an average interest rate of over 15%. The average credit card debt for households that carry a balance is $16,048.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

I can say not to terribly long ago I fell into at least one of those categories. I sort of look at my brokerage account as a savings. It's available if I need it. I put in a little over 6k last year.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:01 PM

Who bought TSLA?

None here.. but it's looking like a rocketship.