Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

View Poll Results: Which New Engine Should I Get
Supercharged LSx 376 with Magnuson TVS 2300 32 37.21%
MAST Motorsports LS7 427 or 440 54 62.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2014, 05:19 PM

and telling him to hurry up. he has a car to build.

My Build Thread;

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=40557
Old 11-04-2014, 08:14 PM

Bill, I'm glad you chimed in, because I thought I was the only one who was wondering what was going on here.
So Marcus, what's up over there in the world of engines, while we are on the subject?
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 11-05-2014, 03:01 AM

I guess you could say I stalk the Chevelle bretheren.

And why does Chevelle come up as a mis-spelled word on here. How do i fix that.

My Build Thread;

Old 11-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Bill, I'm glad you chimed in, because I thought I was the only one who was wondering what was going on here.
So Marcus, what's up over there in the world of engines, while we are on the subject?
It's slow motion over here bro. Not really a setback, but I just bought my wife a brand, new car and since it's nearing the end of the year with property taxes and Christmas, I gotta get those things out of the way first. The new car for my wife was a surprise. She had no idea she was getting it. You know, sometimes you gotta do those type of things in order to get away with murder later, if you catch my drift. My buddies on the fire department always wonder how I get to do the thing I do and how I get away with murder. It's things like the new car and not living in the clubs on the weekends is how I do it. Oh, and she also wants a $1700 Louis Vuitton purse for Christmas to that I'm gonna buy.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:53 PM

Marcus, I TOTALLY know what your saying. I bought my wifey a brand new Altima a couple months back. Get this...I replaced an 07' Altima with a brand new one. My wife loved her old car, and didn't want a new one (I surprised her also!). I bought her the EXACT same car, I'm talking color, options, V6 etc, only 7 years newer, and my insurance costs DROPPED. Yeah, my agent says it's because I bought a safer car. I'm not complaining, but dude it's the same car, with same airbag technology etc. I almost started a thread about this subject. Makes no sense to me!
I wish my wife liked the accessories! She doesn't get too excited over the Louis stuff...she likes diamonds. But she also wants to drive the Chevelle when it's done, so I'm good! Happy wife, happy life!
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 11-06-2014, 05:59 AM

thread hiJack - Insurance....daughter just started driving. Bought her a 2002 Honda CRV, manual no doubt, and it was cheaper to put her on the 1985 Jeep than her own car. Would have cost me $100 per month on the CRV, the Jeep went up $30 a month. Go figure.

Sorry Marcus, now back to our regularly scheduled programming. So what is the outlook on the engine? Choice made?

My Build Thread;

Old 11-06-2014, 08:54 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

No problem at all Bill. Hey Scott, my story is similar. Although we have new cars, she had been driving her daily/get around/gas saver for about 10 years, which happened to be a 2000 Honda Accord LX (the base model) that she'd bought used in 04 with about 70k+ miles on it. It now has upwards of 280k miles on it. Well, for about the last 2-3 years she had been mentioning how much she liked the newer model Hondas. Although, she never asked for one, never complained or griped about "needing" a new car. Again, we have new cars that are dependable. So, I thought to myself, what would be the ultimate Christmas gift. She's not into jewelry much nor is she into fashionable clothes. So, after much pondering, I thought about a good, used, certified Honda. I figured I'd save some money and get a later model like a 2012 or 13. After going to the dealership, and if anyone knows anything about Honda's, they are very proud of them. The low mileage, certified, used one's are damn the near the same as new prices. Therefore, I figured what's another $2-3k that can be negotioated for a new one. So, after calling a few dealerships, emailing back and forth and price gauging, of course, I got her a brand spanking new, fully loaded 2014 EX-L V6 model. I was going to try and wait until Christmas, but the dealership kept calling and calling me. So, I went by on Halloween Friday, the last day of the month...10/31 and acted as if I didn't wanna buy it and truthfully, I wasn't in no rush since Christmas is about 7 weeks away. Well, you all know how the end of the month scurry is for car dealerships to move some inventory and sell some cars. They made me a stellar price and I couldn't refuse. So, I bought it and gave it to her on that following Sunday. Let's just say my ears are still ringing from all of the screaming and hollering. Although, no matter how many boxes arrived at the house, she never questioned what I spent and how much anything costs as long as all of the bills were paid and nothing fell behind...but, let's just say I'm winning right now.

Last edited by 214Chevy; 11-06-2014 at 08:59 AM.