Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-17-2017, 01:34 AM

Default 67 Mustang with Coyote 5.0 brakes/steering into

Hey guys,

I'm trying to plan a build with a 1967 Ford Mustang fastback. I want to make it a restonod with a 2015 5.0 Coyote engine. I've been trying to find info on the brakes situation and power steering.

I would like a hydraulic power steering setup for the car. I want to know what other builders have been doing to get some ideas.

With the brakes, I've seen people talk about the size of the coyote and the lack of room in the engine bay of a 67 mustang. I wanted to know are people using just a master cylinder or able to use a brake booster at all. Please let me what info is out there and also please included pictures.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Mustangmike View Post
Hey guys,

I'm trying to plan a build with a 1967 Ford Mustang fastback. I want to make it a restonod with a 2015 5.0 Coyote engine. I've been trying to find info on the brakes situation and power steering.

I would like a hydraulic power steering setup for the car. I want to know what other builders have been doing to get some ideas.

With the brakes, I've seen people talk about the size of the coyote and the lack of room in the engine bay of a 67 mustang. I wanted to know are people using just a master cylinder or able to use a brake booster at all. Please let me what info is out there and also please included pictures.

Thanks
You can take a look at my build. 67 Cougar (luxury version of the mustang) that I am using the crate motor version of the 2015 Coyote. I use a modified reproduction of the Boss 429 brake booster wedge to tilt the hydroboost above the valve cover. I have a 2002 MR2 power steering pump that I plan to use to power both the power steering and hydroboost because of some space limitations.

http://s1096.photobucket.com/user/ri...ow/67%20Cougar
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=50170

Of course there are other ways to to install the coyote while keeping the shock towers (albeit only a portion of them) and even still use stock style suspension.

Here is a picture of somebody use Boss 429 towers and ridetech suspension.

Last edited by 1Bad68Cat; 03-20-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Supporting Manufacturer

HydratechBraking.com

Default Coming out of prototype now

We have been working on Coyote packages for a solid two years now, and now have the 1st gen and 2nd gen systems coming out of prototype and into production. Both systems use a specially designed upward offset cantilever bracket package to get the hydraulic brake assist units up and over the valve cover properly, requiring zero firewall or brake pedal mods on the 1st gen Mustang, and the 2nd gen system only requires one minor additional bolt hole be drilled into the firewall. There is also an alternate design that does not use the cantilever package that we developed with Revology now available:

http://www.revologyperformance.com/

Revology has the non cantilever package available exclusively through them, as it is designed specifically for use with their special steering column / brake pedal support and brake pedal. We have the alternate design upward offset cantilever packages directly through us. There is one problem that we haven't overcome yet, and that is a clearance problem with the hood hinge spring - it just wont clear a stock hood spring, or any aftermarket billet hood hinge gas charged strut that we have tested. This means that you will either have to use a hood support rod, or incorporate this alternate gas charged hood support kit:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/quickl...trut-7998.html

Summary? Contact Revology for the non cantilever system, or call Jim Petty here at Hydratech for the upward offset cantilever design systems. Do please note that these are highly specialized items that are currently a special order item (meaning allow for 6-8 weeks lead time until we get them into regular production).

Sorry, no photography available yet on the cantilever systems.

There IS a difference - Thank you for choosing Hydratech!

Paul M. Clark <-- the Ukrainian - Slava Ukraini !
Founder / Master Engineer
Hydratech Braking Systems ®
www.hydratechbraking.com

Last edited by Hydratech®; 03-19-2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:23 PM

Two kits on the market that I'm aware of. Forte's parts connection out of Framingham, MA and a KRC kit. Both work well. If you go with Forte's you need belt 060439 as the standard one he ships with squeals at full lock because it's too loose. Lots of good info on the PCM, wiring, and other items you need to know on the factory five forum as they are a common motor, including the P0117 codes that were common with the first few months of PCM shipments due to a mistake Ford made in dieting the wiring harness.

I went with Forte's on mine:

Here's Paul's write up on the KRC:
http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...l=1#post222823
Old 05-21-2017, 12:40 PM

Has anyone used a Speedway Mustang II IFS with a Coyote 5.0 in a 1967 Mustang?