Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 02-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

You have done a great job on this car! Looking forward to your driving impressions.

P.S. Put your name in your signature line?

Old 02-05-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
You have done a great job on this car! Looking forward to your driving impressions.

P.S. Put your name in your signature line?
thanks a lot its been a hell of an experience getting it done. I am looking forward to driving it myself but will have to split my time as I picked up a 67 Fastback (pic of it) this past October near the end of the build and I guess once you love cars one wont just cut it
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
I agree very nice.
thanks a lot and you have a sweet build yourself and have 2 of my 3 all time favorite muscle car my 68 Chevelle SS, 67 Fastback I just picked up this past October and just missing the 69 Camaro RS Convertible and that would complete my collection
Old 09-22-2014, 12:23 PM

Default 68 Chevelle SS completed

Well I just realized I never updated the build thread and its been over a year since I have posted. I know a lot of builds start of strong but many never make it to the end of the tunnel. I know they happen because of financial situations that come up or just life in general. There were times I felt like quitting but kept at it and seeing sites such as LG and PT motivated me to finish. I am blessed to have finished my project month ago but it was tooth and nails finishing it. With some changes such as going from manual windows having all the panels and window cranks and door handles all set then last minute decided to go with Power windows which required new custom panels (had a bad experience with the cheap Fesler stuff which I will never buy ever again) made by Stitch by Stitch. Had to buy a new power window set up which was fun that alone with waiting for the panels to get done took a few weeks. Then went with push start well that didnt work out so well fuse in it burned out sometime while in my garage and it destroyed my battery ended up going back to regular key. Oh as I was driving it back from my assembly guy once I got home rear rotor went out and lost my brake and hit a pole in front of my garage. I had to get the bumper redone, brand new bumper filler and money of course. While I was added I decided to go with a brand new hood because my old one I thought was good was in reality starting to pit. So decided not to go with the traditional Chevelle stripes again more money and time. At the end i was happy with the results
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2014, 12:30 PM

Glad to see you have it finished up,paint ,interior and everything else turned out great,sorry to hear about all the bad experiences but these projects are always a major challenge
Old 09-22-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed69 View Post
Glad to see you have it finished up,paint ,interior and everything else turned out great,sorry to hear about all the bad experiences but these projects are always a major challenge
Hey

yea it was a pain finishing up and it was as though the car didnt want to come home. Even after I got it had some bugs to fix but glad with the help of some awesome friends once I got it back, we were able to fix up the little adjustments. It does feel good but like they say projects are never done. I might add some side panels in the engine bay and maybe go 19's in the rear still thinking and change up the trunk dislike it. But thank you ill be posting more pics up
Old 09-22-2014, 06:58 PM

Perseverance pays off yet again. The car looks great. I'm glad you didn't give it. Congrats. Now go have fun and enjoy driving the car.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 09-22-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
Perseverance pays off yet again. The car looks great. I'm glad you didn't give it. Congrats. Now go have fun and enjoy driving the car.
I appreciate you looking and comments, I did almost give up but my fiancé and good buddy kept me going especially since I was so close. There have been some hick ups but never gave. Heck I picked up a 67 Fastback in the mitts of it all and now looking to purchase a 69 Camaro RS rolling shell. Il be posting up some more pics
Old 09-23-2014, 10:52 AM

What was wrong with the Fesler panels? I am adding some to my truck. Already fitted and upholstered and certainly have had my own issues.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post
What was wrong with the Fesler panels? I am adding some to my truck. Already fitted and upholstered and certainly have had my own issues.
I got rid of them within days of getting them, 1) fit men was horrible, 2) unless you bought their extension which cost $200 which they never mentioned until after I got them and without them it's impossible for them to fit. It was a hassle returning them they wouldn't refund straight to my card and it took over a month to get a check over to me after me calling a million times and once I finally get it the check bounced on me and had to do a claim ended up getting my full refund. But yet Fesler swore that had funds and even though we have the same bank. I have no clue how their stuff is GM licensed but I would never buy a single product from them. Again I would stay away and them taking months to get a simple hood latch says it all

Last edited by windycitychev; 09-23-2014 at 07:11 PM.