User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 09:43 AM

Default 1966 Mustang survivor

Item Location (City/State): Roseville CA

Price: $5500

Description:

I bought this '66 Mustang from a long time friend to help her out. I just have too many cars at the ranch now so I need to thin the herd a bit. My friend got this car on her 16th birthday and gave it to her aunt in the early '70s when she moved to California. The car has a clear Colorado title from the '70s. It's awesome.

The car is originally a Brittany Blue car with blue interior. It has one paint job on top of the original which has a nice, even patina all over. She says she hit something in Colorado State's parking lot at damaged the right door. Her dad had it fixed and the whole car painted. The only repair or filler in the entire car is in that right door. It's in the bottom, front corner of that panel. The right fender is original and untouched. All of the panels are original to this car. The floors, trunk, cowl, rear window, sills, lower fender edges, and lower quarters are rust free. I cannot find any corrosion on this car. The torque boxes are perfect and the shock towers are mint. It's got 107K original miles and her father demanded it be stored in the garage during winter seasons so that probably saved the car.

The car has a 200 inch six and a three speed on the floor. It's got the 7.5 inch diff, power steering, and power brakes. The car does run, but it's missing the ignition switch. I jumped the coil to the battery, put fuel in it and lit it up. The carb needs a rebuild as I think it's full of old fuel and varnish goo. I bought a carb kit, ignition cylinder, and fuel pump for it yesterday. I'm confident that will get this car moveable under it's own power again. I ran it through the gears at idle on jack stands and everything functions. This car has been in storage since 1980 so it's a bit of a time capsule. I'd like to get my money out of it aside from the parts I bought and my time.

$5400

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA
Old 01-04-2015, 12:54 AM

I saw this car at Daves 2 weeks ago and can attest it is an extremely nice car!!! No disappointments guaranteed!!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:45 PM

Sold

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA
Closed Thread