Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password

Old 08-29-2014, 09:08 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Come on, you have been in this circle jerk for how long? Responsibility belongs in one place, square on your lap. I found even the best needed some micro managing as we all have a custom set of circumstances. ''

I would say reduced oil pressure could effect how cool the valves stay.

F That! I'm blaming Charley then!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:12 AM

Not surprised...
Old 08-31-2014, 09:19 PM

Wink

Hey Greg,

Does your Mustang have a speedo? Do you know how fast you guys got going between turns 11 and 1 at Sonoma? I only ask because my awesome rectangular speedo is basically just a large frame for the gas gauge...

As for the oil pressure, I had to pop a new pump in my X302 crate motor after about 3500 miles, due to creepily noisy start-ups. I only used standard pressure, as I've only got five quart capacity, but it stays at about 10 pounds per thousand. The problem got solved, yo.

All this talk about who's got the bigger tire only inspires me to work up to the green group with my pissant 225 section widths...

As a final point, given the Twinkie-like looks of your Mustang (no offense), in combination with all of the drama that went into the recent disappearance (and subsequent resurgence) of the Twinkie, your car may require a nickname. Any takers?
Old 09-01-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
Hey Greg,

Does your Mustang have a speedo? Do you know how fast you guys got going between turns 11 and 1 at Sonoma? I only ask because my awesome rectangular speedo is basically just a large frame for the gas gauge...

As for the oil pressure, I had to pop a new pump in my X302 crate motor after about 3500 miles, due to creepily noisy start-ups. I only used standard pressure, as I've only got five quart capacity, but it stays at about 10 pounds per thousand. The problem got solved, yo.

All this talk about who's got the bigger tire only inspires me to work up to the green group with my pissant 225 section widths...

As a final point, given the Twinkie-like looks of your Mustang (no offense), in combination with all of the drama that went into the recent disappearance (and subsequent resurgence) of the Twinkie, your car may require a nickname. Any takers?

Good question on the speedo - which I can't answer because if it does have one I don't ever look at it. Ditto the Lotus... I never have any idea how fast I'm going - or as Gaetano would suggest - how slow.

You have to be a real man to crush the competition when they're on steam rollers and you're on skinnies. Skinnies for the win!!

I have a new nickname for this car -- "expensive POS". Good thing I love it!

I like running Green group because the driver experience - thus quality - seems to be far higher than the Red group drivers. The Red group seems to be full of people that barely graduated Yellow - and now think they're fast... but forget to point by - or pinch you off because they don't look around... and some take terrible lines etc. Last year at Mini Nats - in the Red group - Two different sessions I came rolling out of the Carrousel only to find cars wadded up at the bottom... a Porsche and a brand spanking new GT500 that didn't even have plates yet! That is not a difficult turn IMHO..... and these cars were wadded up front and back - both totals. Whereas you rarely have an incident in Green and rarely have a spin... and you can drive with more confidence in the guys around you or in front of you.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Well --- there's a few more things being done besides wheels... HAHAHAHAHAHA

The ClubSport wheel has additional lightening done to it - and deletes the center cap...

Spindles/uprights - big Howe ball joints - big race bearings - JRI's with custom valving and reservoirs - composite springs in the rear - Sway bars front and back... bigger brakes... geometry massaging... rod ends...

We're just doing most of this to piss Charley off... Well - that, and because it's fun.

I forgot that we're also doing a full floater as long as the rear end is out and being rebuilt with some different parts.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Good question on the speedo - which I can't answer because if it does have one I don't ever look at it. Ditto the Lotus... I never have any idea how fast I'm going - or as Gaetano would suggest - how slow.

You have to be a real man to crush the competition when they're on steam rollers and you're on skinnies. Skinnies for the win!!

I have a new nickname for this car -- "expensive POS". Good thing I love it!

I like running Green group because the driver experience - thus quality - seems to be far higher than the Red group drivers. The Red group seems to be full of people that barely graduated Yellow - and now think they're fast... but forget to point by - or pinch you off because they don't look around... and some take terrible lines etc. Last year at Mini Nats - in the Red group - Two different sessions I came rolling out of the Carrousel only to find cars wadded up at the bottom... a Porsche and a brand spanking new GT500 that didn't even have plates yet! That is not a difficult turn IMHO..... and these cars were wadded up front and back - both totals. Whereas you rarely have an incident in Green and rarely have a spin... and you can drive with more confidence in the guys around you or in front of you.
I went so fast I broke my speedo

Seriously speaking though Rusto......speeds into one I believe reach 130
Old 09-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Hey Greg,

You should look into a bigger oil pan. Be sure it has windage tray, scrapers, and trap doors. It is very easy to suck a lot of oil out of the pan coming into turn one and then you headed up hill and oil tends to flow away from the oil pump.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Hey Greg,

I would call it "Pace Car". Only because he seems to want to pull off the track when its race time.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:35 PM

Thanked 1,317 Times in 494 Posts

It has a 3 quart accusump.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:02 PM

Too bad it's another poopie Camaro or I'd have a whole basket full of cast off parts... Guess I'll have to give 'em to Basher instead.

Basket or pallet?

Just got back from "watching" Rushforth and his friends auto-x in Bremerton...two more events for the year. I think I may have to just run it as is----this "watching" thing is getting old!

Dan