Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 07-08-2017, 08:57 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

The SPC's can work, nothing really "wrong" with them. However, I ended up ditching them for a set of Speedtech arms as I liked the construction better and had a much easier time getting the alignment specs I was looking for. I couldn't get a decent amount of Caster without worrying about how few threads were left in the turnbuckle. Others have had more luck, I just didn't. Plus, once you get the alignment where you want it, you're really not likely to change it unless you're a hardcore track guy or major tinkerer. That just wasn't me.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKnight View Post
The SPC's can work, nothing really "wrong" with them. However, I ended up ditching them for a set of Speedtech arms as I liked the construction better and had a much easier time getting the alignment specs I was looking for. I couldn't get a decent amount of Caster without worrying about how few threads were left in the turnbuckle. Others have had more luck, I just didn't. Plus, once you get the alignment where you want it, you're really not likely to change it unless you're a hardcore track guy or major tinkerer. That just wasn't me.
I saw where you could get longer adjustment sections, like 3 different lengths.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:19 AM

Are you going with SPC lowers too? What is your caster goal? Trying to get a lot of caster with the stock lower arm can put the wheel off center in the fender and lead to rubbing. Better to use a lower with a relocated lower ball joint.

Don
Old 07-10-2017, 01:17 PM

Look at the SCCA road racers of the time if you want to "flare"it to fit the size tires you want.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:19 PM

Okay, reached out to a great friend of mine who build race cars for a living and has helped me figure out the reverse engineering effect for this thing.

We are starting with the spindles and working out. Obviously this is somewhat with a wheel/tire in mind,,,,square stance for now, with mini tube in the future.

More than likely going with the ridetech tru turn for the 17x10 with 275/40. Working on a wheel setup now.

Gonna match it up with a good set of springs and leafs for now, with minitube in the future. I'm convesing myself that you don't need coilovers to have a great driving care, cut you need to caster to go around corners...so-to-speak. Lol. I know it's more than that. That's why I have a racing buddy!
Old 07-14-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson View Post
Okay, reached out to a great friend of mine who build race cars for a living and has helped me figure out the reverse engineering effect for this thing.

We are starting with the spindles and working out. Obviously this is somewhat with a wheel/tire in mind,,,,square stance for now, with mini tube in the future.

More than likely going with the ridetech tru turn for the 17x10 with 275/40. Working on a wheel setup now.

Gonna match it up with a good set of springs and leafs for now, with minitube in the future. I'm convesing myself that you don't need coilovers to have a great driving care, cut you need to caster to go around corners...so-to-speak. Lol. I know it's more than that. That's why I have a racing buddy!
I'm going to recommend you not run a 10 inch wheel. No need for a 10 inch wheel for a 275 tire and you will likely regret it. 9.5 is better especially up front.

Don