Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 05-10-2017, 12:02 PM

Default need some help - throttle cable gremlins

Dudes I need some help on this deal. Working on a buddy's '64 Nova we put an LS6 in and can't seem to make heads or tail of the throttle cable deal. We're using a Holley Sniper throttle body, a Lokar cable, and a Lokar cable support that bolts to the LS6 intake. The cable is way off and won't stay on the throttle body's ear. Anybody seen this before or have any input? Thanks in advance, Dave

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA
Old 05-10-2017, 08:53 PM

Well, couple things going on there. Looking at the pic from the top, the mount isnt in line with the throttle arm. I have used that mount on several builds, as well as the cable. The mount is designed (i think) for use with factory TB. You will have to extend it out from the intake. Make a spacer, possibly. The factory 98-02 F body bracket might actually work well. It has 2 notches, the outer one being for the cruise control cable. That might line up better. Looking at the pic from the front, the mount is adjustable and needs to be rotated so the cable comes out in line with the top of the throttle arm. The cable should be in a straight line between the mount & arm. The last thing is there is too much slack in the cable. The mount has an adjuster to take up the slack. Loosen the jam nut, and back out the threaded bolt the cable runs through. There should only be a slight bit of free play in the cable. I hop this makes sense. Scott
Old 05-11-2017, 11:37 AM

If you space the throttle cable bracket off the intake, it will help solve your issues. As mentioned above. Also, taking a bit of slack out will help the pedal not feel so floppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2017, 01:20 PM

Thanks guys for the responses. The cable isn't mounted to the pedal on the other side yet, just mocked up. It'll be snugged up when done. If I make a spacer to bring the cable out, it'll hit the fittings for the fuel rails. I tried to index the fitting's collar another direction, but can't get enough room.

Smithcraft Collision and Restoration
Newcastle , CA