Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 02-19-2017, 06:05 PM

Default 1967 Camaro Project Raider

These pictures were taken in 2014, i just suddenly wanted to post them now. True Rally Sport 67 camaro. the guy that painted my car did a really ****ty job on paint but he did a really good job on making everything straight. i took him PPG jet black and clear, i asked him to paint the car when im present but he painted without me. i feel like he used some ****ty paint and clear because the black paint looked brown couple weeks later and the clear was really thin. he probably kept the PPG... these picture don't do it justice. while paint was being done i got an 12 bolt from impala and shortened it and added 3.73 gears with posi from Gear shop in Paramount. it was really worth the investment. added wilwoods and rebuilt the 396 i had on the car for years.
Attached Images

Last edited by 67_camaroRS; 02-23-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_camaroRS View Post
These pictures were taken in 2014, i just suddenly wanted to post them now. True Rally Sport 67 camaro.
give it another try would love to see some pictures.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:21 PM

there you go
Old 02-19-2017, 06:34 PM

looks great....nothing better than a big block Camaro.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:54 PM

Man, that sucks about the paint. You'd think people would know more about how to grow a business than they do. I just about gave up the hobby after the experience I had.

Cool build!
Old 02-23-2017, 02:52 PM

I notice that i put the first part of this post separate from this post. so im just going to add it. Story Time: back in 2013 my Father, Uncle and I started putting together this 67 RS. it was sitting in our backyard for 17 years. My uncle had bought it 17 years earlier from this guy for 5,000 dollars... During the process of putting it together we realized why not do a full restoration. So our journey begun . We striped the car to bare metal and foolishly putting all the parts in random places. that later came and bit us in the ass. During the paint process I decided to go Black. you all know its the most attractive color... My uncle and father wanted orange but at the end we went with Jet Black. We soon continued with Mini Tubs, my uncle wanted a lot meat on the rear. Part 2 starts here.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2017, 03:45 PM

Part 3: After paint we realized that the dam painter screwed us over. It wasn't Jet Black it was more like dark chocolate and the clear was thin. I knew it wasnt the PPG i gave him. So after that bad experience we took the car to another shop, this time the owner assured us we would be present of the painting. Again we took him the materials. House of Kolors Jet Black and Glasurit clear. that clear wasn't cheap we watched the car get painted and it came out 10x better then it was. The black was deep and clear was ultra shiny and smooth. After this we took it to a mufflers shop and we decided to go with the Flowmasters Super 44s to disturb the peace we then stared with the rear end, we had a impala 12 bolt sitting in our backyard for years. so we used that for our rear end. we send the rear end to a guy and he welded some flanges and some brackets. after a few weeks we tried to call him agin and he never answered. We took our rear end to Gear Shop in paramount and Gary told us that the flanges and bracket were welded on wrong. so we had to everything again. BUT not the cheap short way like before. You get, what you pay for. Gary did a fantastic job and we finished with the rear end.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2017, 05:20 PM

Good looking car so far!! Can't wait to see more.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:50 PM

Default update 4

After installing the rear end, we drove the car serval times and we adjusted the carb and timing on the 396. the engine bay isn't pretty haha . We continued by adding heat and sound insulation. NOTE: father and son car. low budget
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2017, 05:10 PM

Default update 5

Bought some new shoes. American Racing Thorq Thrust II. yea i know these rims are old outdated, but they are classics and they look good. i wanted some Forgeline wheels but the price... ill probably look into some forgelines in the future. Front 17x7 235/45/17 Rear 18x10 305/35/18. i also updated the brakes by purchasing some 6 piston Wilwoods.
Attached Images