Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 06-06-2012, 03:42 PM

I think you all just talked me out of a pool. Some one gave me an above ground too. And I just wanted a rinky dink above ground. NJ only offers ~3+ months of use.

oh, and now I have pool envy lol

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors
Old 06-06-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMC View Post
One positive out of this economy is that it has weeded out most of the dishonest, unqualified pool builders. A few years ago (when we built ours) everyone was a pool builder and alot of people got ripped off and/or crappy pools. Just like getting a car built, get references, check licenses, complaints ect. There's different levels of quality and the last thing you need is an inferior product sitting in the middle of your backyard! With that said it has been a great investment for our family and weve had alot of good times with it. In fact this Thursday is the 5th annual end of school year swim party at our house!
I did not receive the invite...

Soon to be crazy
Old 06-07-2012, 06:01 AM

AND......in twenty years when you get sick of it, hire me and I will come and fill it in for you. If I had a dime for every pool I have filled in I'd be........
Old 06-07-2012, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beegs View Post
AND......in twenty years when you get sick of it, hire me and I will come and fill it in for you. If I had a dime for every pool I have filled in I'd be........
A pool is better than an investment in a new car..
Getting some memorable times with your kids growing up around you is plenty an incentive to finally build our own. If it lasts till I retire, I'm happy with that.. !
I'm going on 47 and I'm not getting any younger. My oldest kid out of 4 is 12 years old, the youngest is 5... A pool has to be built!

YOLO

Old 06-07-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucketlist2012 View Post
I did not receive the invite...
It's ok I won't be there either! I just get to help get everything set up, then I'm kicked out! My wife seems to handle a bunch of screaming kids better than me
Old 06-07-2012, 08:31 PM

I have a bathtub compared to the one posted at 16x32. It was something like $22k.
I've had it about 6 or 7 years. We get plenty of use out of it here in NC. I gotten in as late as Nov. and as early as Mar. I don't have a heater. But I am getting ready to put in a salt generator. I want to get away from chlorine.

The main chemical I need is soda ash. Trying to maintain proper PH is the most demanding for our climate but even that isn't too bad.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:20 AM

Well I have the first pool company coming in on Saturday for a looksy and a quote on site.. Let's see how it goes. Since we have talked about having a pool even before we started building our home 15 years ago... it's time we really started getting this ball rolling!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdr.Instigator View Post
Getting some memorable times with your kids growing up around you is plenty an incentive to finally build our own. If it lasts till I retire, I'm happy with that.. !
I'm going on 47 and I'm not getting any younger. My oldest kid out of 4 is 12 years old, the youngest is 5... A pool has to be built!

YOLO

I agree with you on the points above!
Our first home in Vegas had a pool and we lived in that home for 12 years. Our Son was born in 92 and enjoyed that pool (once old enough to take lessons and learn to swim) until we moved to Phoenix in 2000.. Once we relocated here and found a home we had a pool built and have not looked back. The other side benefit of the pool is the exercise and the most important "Family Time" spent. This also kept my Son close to home growing up as he invited his friends over to hang out / swim. My Son is now in college and to this day still talks about the fun he has had swimming, friends , family! The expense and time for keeping it maintained is a bump compared to the benefits.
Roger..
Old 06-08-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
I agree with you on the points above!
Our first home in Vegas had a pool and we lived in that home for 12 years. Our Son was born in 92 and enjoyed that pool (once old enough to take lessons and learn to swim) until we moved to Phoenix in 2000.. Once we relocated here and found a home we had a pool built and have not looked back. The other side benefit of the pool is the exercise and the most important "Family Time" spent. This also kept my Son close to home growing up as he invited his friends over to hang out / swim. My Son is now in college and to this day still talks about the fun he has had swimming, friends , family! The expense and time for keeping it maintained is a bump compared to the benefits.
Roger..
That's what I want to remember.. The good times to be had with family and friends.. Thanks for chiming in, Bro!

Old 06-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,342 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironworks View Post

Just another compelling reason to pop-in to Bakertucky.

Skip