Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password

Old 09-16-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBMC View Post
Thanks Greg, I've been a drag racer all my life and watched my pro stock icons in the 80s run in the 7's in a doorslammer and that has been on my bucket list ever since. I used to run motorcycles at T-hill and buttonwillow and I try to auto cross whenever I can wrestle the keys away from a customer as well. If its got power and wheels, I'm in. A couple years back this oppurtunity to partner up with a very good friend, mentor and second Dad to me came up. he's getting up there in years and has some serious health issues he's battling lately so its been a great way to get him out of the house to see his racing buddies and be around the sport he loves so much. Not to mention Im also obviously having a blast!
I guarantee I'll be out in a "road race/trackday car with you guys in the future, but right now this is what im focusing on. Most important its the "bonding" with friends old and new in the pits no matter what kind of racing it is.
What he said!! In drag racing you ONLY get one chance to get it right!! Racing is racing and it's ALL GOOD!!The Gov cup was one race i regret not racing at.

Accelerating is optional...........stopping is mandatory. Your car WILL stop one way or another.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:26 PM

Really nice car Steve! Much like yourself been an avid Drag Race fan for years. Have quite a few friends that run at the same level as you. My pocket book can't support it but it's fun helping them out (and help spend their money!! ) Ran B/A in Comp Eliminator as well as A Gas at the Goodguy events. It's always a great time and eveybody for the most part is like one big family. Congrats again!
Old 09-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Greg, I've been a drag racer all my life and watched my pro stock icons in the 80s run in the 7's in a doorslammer and that has been on my bucket list ever since. I used to run motorcycles at T-hill and buttonwillow and I try to auto cross whenever I can wrestle the keys away from a customer as well. If its got power and wheels, I'm in. A couple years back this oppurtunity to partner up with a very good friend, mentor and second Dad to me came up. he's getting up there in years and has some serious health issues he's battling lately so its been a great way to get him out of the house to see his racing buddies and be around the sport he loves so much. Not to mention Im also obviously having a blast!
I guarantee I'll be out in a "road race/trackday car with you guys in the future, but right now this is what im focusing on. Most important its the "bonding" with friends old and new in the pits no matter what kind of racing it is.

Totally! And I still love drag racing... wasn't putting it down at all... I was just saying that I like the longer seat times of road racing now that I've had a taste of it.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:19 PM

Nice, you and my buddy Brian made the mag
Attached Images

Accelerating is optional...........stopping is mandatory. Your car WILL stop one way or another.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intocarss View Post
Nice, you and my buddy Brian made the mag
Just saw that about a week ago, how about that!
Just got back from the March Meet last night. Qualified good with a 7.62 but lost in the second round. After a huge holeshot, thought I had it in the bag and lifted to soon, arghhhh...I'll be beating myself up on that one for awhile! It was a long ride home.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Just saw that about a week ago, how about that!
Just got back from the March Meet last night. Qualified good with a 7.62 but lost in the second round. After a huge holeshot, thought I had it in the bag and lifted to soon, arghhhh...I'll be beating myself up on that one for awhile! It was a long ride home.
I watched it on Bang shift..Car looked good, you'll get em next time. Brian went to the final but lost by 3 tho