Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-21-2016, 03:08 PM

Looks good dude. What heads are those? I have an 88' scsb that my dad bought new. It's a Silverado, but came with a 4.3, 5spd. It's now a 358, Muncie. I built it in the 90's, and strictly showed it all over the southeast. I've put 4 miles on it since 96'. Brodix heads, lightweight everything, bla, bla, bla.
Attached Images

70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 03-21-2016, 03:09 PM

Another shot...still has the Sport Truck tag on the back from a 98' shoot. It made Truckin' that year also.
Attached Images

70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

Last edited by Che70velle; 03-21-2016 at 03:11 PM. Reason: I can't spell...
Old 03-26-2016, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
Looks good dude. What heads are those? I have an 88' scsb that my dad bought new. It's a Silverado, but came with a 4.3, 5spd. It's now a 358, Muncie. I built it in the 90's, and strictly showed it all over the southeast. I've put 4 miles on it since 96'. Brodix heads, lightweight everything, bla, bla, bla.
Stock 350 efi heads.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:35 PM

Got the v6 frame brackets off after a couple of hours. Added new poly bump stops to the lower control arms for the lower stance and new poly motor mount inserts for the V8 swap, the new sway bar bushings and endlinks, and Belltech shocks in.

Energy Suspension 3.1128R Motor and Trans mount kits
Energy Suspension 9.9101R All Purpose Bump Stops
Belltech 8000 Nitro Drop 2 front shocks
Attached Images

Last edited by GrannyNova; 04-30-2016 at 05:40 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:07 AM

If the wallet allows ....look at some vortec heads they flow pretty good for iron sbc heads. I believe gm performance also sells some nice heads and they aren't too pricey . As for the transmission the lt1 version will do you just fine . Provided you aren't doing 5500 rpm clutch drops ,running huge sticky tires . Realistically that Trans can take 550 lb-ft .
Old 04-29-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyNova View Post
Got the v6 frame brackets off after a couple of hours. Added new poly bump stops to the lower control arms for the lower stance and new poly motor mount inserts for the V8 swap.
Got the Belltech shocks, poly sway bar bushings and endlinks, trans mount, and replace the fuel lines because of a froze fitting.
Looks great, can I ask how hard is it to replace the rubber mounts with the poly for your motor mounts?
Old 04-29-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
If the wallet allows ....look at some vortec heads they flow pretty good for iron sbc heads. I believe gm performance also sells some nice heads and they aren't too pricey . As for the transmission the lt1 version will do you just fine . Provided you aren't doing 5500 rpm clutch drops ,running huge sticky tires . Realistically that Trans can take 550 lb-ft .
I just went the cheapest route for getting the truck done, had the heads, intake, and short block laying around.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk68 View Post
Looks great, can I ask how hard is it to replace the rubber mounts with the poly for your motor mounts?
Just drill the rivets and hit with a hammer and the pop apart but the real fun is getting the mounts unbolted from the frame.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyNova View Post
Just drill the rivets and hit with a hammer and the pop apart but the real fun is getting the mounts unbolted from the frame.
Ah yes, I remember that from my conversion. Fun it was!

Thanks Dad!!

Old 04-30-2016, 01:37 AM

I just remembered I never posted any results on the brakes.
Started to take apart the rear drums and found that one drum had parts fall out after taking the drum off and proceed to rebuild both sides with new springs and pads.
Then on to the front with the EBC yellow stuff pads and stock rotors which had the ABS ring on the back which I didn't up front just in the, so I just went to the local pick a part and got some ABS dust plates and bolted everything up.
Tested a few times and the average result was 112ft from 60mph and the brakes got hot but barely had any fade, but had a spongy pedal after about 5 attempts in a row which I figure is there is a little air and causing the fluid to boil.
I did some looking and that distance is better than some supercars of the day so I feel pretty good plus I can add rear discs and maybe get a few more feet out of it in the future.