Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 02-28-2017, 09:41 AM

progress has ben slow but steady ! things just have taking way to long to get here because of me being my worst enemy looking at every other chevelle and getting it to the ride height that the car needs to be at is way harder than I had thought that is was . I have been cringing on cutting the floors up on the only rust free car that I have ever had and it in not worth saving the floors and patching it everywhere I am just taking them out whole and making new ones instead so anyone looking for a perfect floor, trunk and wheelwells let me know shoot me an offer because they are coming out soon!

my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:35 AM

How much are you Z'ing the front frame section?
Old 02-28-2017, 08:42 PM

Erik, amazed at what you are doing. Can't wait to see how this portion of the frame turns out.

As for the floors, if no one takes you up on them, I would be interested in a small section underneath the passenger rear seat. Got a little rust I would like to fix. Just don't need the whole section.

My Build Thread;

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=40557
Old 03-01-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotI View Post
How much are you Z'ing the front frame section?
1.750 is were it ended up hope it helps get this down to the ground without hitting the front crossmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEEP View Post
Erik, amazed at what you are doing. Can't wait to see how this portion of the frame turns out.

As for the floors, if no one takes you up on them, I would be interested in a small section underneath the passenger rear seat. Got a little rust I would like to fix. Just don't need the whole section.
coming along nicely now almost done now. as for the floor I am taking it out in one piece have a couple people in line for it now. keep chipping away with yours as well it is getting there!
my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:23 PM

made some progress on the chevelle tie in after ffingg up the frame jig alignment and spending days getting it back were it should be things are finally coming together literally.! next the steering rack mounting and cutting and chopping .!

Old 03-15-2017, 10:56 PM

Made some progress on the Chevelle chassis frame tie inn's hoping to get the rack and pinion from Ron Sutton race technology
Old 03-16-2017, 12:00 AM

Looks cool its nice to see a "curvaceously" modified stock frame it definitely takes a lot more thought then just welding up a tube frame (although at the same time I'm not sure there is a big advantage to it either).

Keep on truckin'.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:11 AM

Wow great build!! and love the Garage theme! kind of looks like steam punk / industrial. Love watching out of the box builds!!
Old 03-20-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Looks cool its nice to see a "curvaceously" modified stock frame it definitely takes a lot more thought then just welding up a tube frame (although at the same time I'm not sure there is a big advantage to it either).

Keep on truckin'.
there was a couple of advantages of doing this one was I had already modified the front to make the swaybar tuck and smoothed the frame rails and this was moved up to gain front ground clearance and better suspension geometry at a low ride height.the biggest one for me is I have very limited funds and this was free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnova View Post
Wow great build!! and love the Garage theme! kind of looks like steam punk / industrial. Love watching out of the box builds!!
Thanks it has been a long time coming I have been working on my shop for 23 years and just recently just started getting to work on a car in it!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:38 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

There is just so much going on in this photo. It could be a movie set!
Really enjoying the creativity. Finally subscribed to see it to the finish line!

/QUOTE]