Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL F1 View Post
Thank you! Yeah when Bob gave me the bill of sale to scan I didn't even notice the down payment at first. I guess I just thought he paid cash for the truck being $250. Boy have times changed!
Yeah... That $76 was more like $76,000 today probably. I bet That $250 total price in those days was hard to come by. I remember many years ago when my mom told me she made $1.45/hour back in the early 70's. IIRC, she told me that back in my teenage years when I was about 15 or 16, which would have been 1988 or 89 and I thought that was highway robbery. LOL!! I also remember her saying, "Shoood, boy, that was decent money back then." Just as you've stated about how times have changed and I'm glad. What's ironic though, is people will look back on our current dollar value today..2014, 25 or 30 years from now and say the same thing about what were saying about the dollar value of the 60's and 70's. It's sorta of scary to fathom the thought of how cars and trucks cost $40k-$50k today. Meaning, they will be some insane amount in 30 years.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:55 PM

Awesome project and great story on the trucks history.
Subscribed .

Old 06-13-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSSix View Post
Cool build! Good luck with it, guys.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64pontiac View Post
Looking cool! We have the same trailer, love the featherlite! That had some killer patina, woulda looked cool but I bet its going to look amazing!
Thanks! Haha, we actually we stole our boss's trailer for a couple of days. Yeah the truck had some really cool patina, which I pushed hard to keep as long as I could. The original plan was just to satin clear it so Bob and Shannon could wash it, wax it, and enjoy it without worry. But the more we talked about it, the more we all decided to go ahead and do the bodywork and paint it. Hopefully should turn out really nice. Justin and the guys at Scott's are really doing some nice work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsjea View Post
Very cool project. Scott's HotRods has great customer service, Justin is always quick to get back to customers or even potential customers.
Thank you! Yes they do. Justin has been really great to work with, and always seemed like a guy trying to build the best vehicle for Bob and Shannon, and not a "give me money" kind of attitude I've dealt with from other shops in my travels. Bob talks to Justin almost on a daily basis about one thing or another, and Justin is always sending pictures of the work being done. We're hoping to have another update here pretty soon. Justin is definitely making it an experience for Bob and Shannon, as opposed to just paying for work and pick it up when I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
Yeah... That $76 was more like $76,000 today probably. I bet That $250 total price in those days was hard to come by. I remember many years ago when my mom told me she made $1.45/hour back in the early 70's. IIRC, she told me that back in my teenage years when I was about 15 or 16, which would have been 1988 or 89 and I thought that was highway robbery. LOL!! I also remember her saying, "Shoood, boy, that was decent money back then." Just as you've stated about how times have changed and I'm glad. What's ironic though, is people will look back on our current dollar value today..2014, 25 or 30 years from now and say the same thing about what were saying about the dollar value of the 60's and 70's. It's sorta of scary to fathom the thought of how cars and trucks cost $40k-$50k today. Meaning, they will be some insane amount in 30 years.
Right? I'll bet it was pretty hard to come by back then. He ran is own VW repair shop at the time, which I know he made a living at it, but didn't get rich off of it I'm sure. It's funny hearing parents and grand parents talking about making a dollar an hour back in the day. Like you, I was talking with my family recently and they remember when they made it up to a dollar and hour and thought they had made it finally! What happened to those times anyways? Yeah I don't want to know how much trucks will be in 30 years, or anything for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Awesome project and great story on the trucks history.
Subscribed .
Thank you! We're glad you guys are enjoying the build and the story, it's pretty cool having the story and documentation to go with the truck. We look forward to the final picture when grandma is riding in the passenger seat!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:41 PM

6.14.14: Today Bob got an update from Justin at Scott's. He sent him some more pictures of the bodywork and fender repairs they've been doing. Looks like they're getting a lot done on the truck. Also he sent a picture of the PRC radiator and condenser combo setup for the LSA engine going in. Thanks to Justin for making sure they sent an F1 radiator with the right inlet outlet configuration for an LSA. At the time when we ordered the radiator from Justin, the engine was going to be a Ford, so thankfully he ended up getting us the right radiator for the LSA hose configuration. Bob also got some of the Billet Specialties stuff in today. He got the outside mirrors along with the interior rear view mirror. Yesterday we also ordered a stainless grille, front bumper, and a few more items for the front end. We should have those later this week hopefully. Anyways, here are some pictures for you guys.

[/URL]
Old 06-19-2014, 09:49 PM

6.19.14: We got another update from Justin earlier this week. Just some more metal work being done. Looks like they're getting close to finishing the metal work on the front and rear fenders, then hopefully the more exciting metal work will begin on the bed, firewall, cab and floorpan. Bob also got the finned valve covers in for the LSA. Part of the idea for the LSA is to make it look old school, and try to make it not look like an LSA. We'll see how it turns out, we've got some ideas. These valve covers will be the start.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:45 AM

It looks like he does really nice work.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
It looks like he does really nice work.
Yes they do. Bob and Shannon are really getting excited with the progress being done! We're hoping to make a trip down to see the truck in a couple of weeks, and we'll get some better pictures of the work being done.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:16 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:24 PM

6.23.14: We got an update from Justin @ Scott's over the weekend. They got the new bed in last week and got it all mocked up on the truck, along with the cab. Looks like everything is coming together nice. They finished up most of the metal work on the fenders. Justin say's the firewall and floorpan are cut, and will be going in this week. So we should have another update soon!

Old 06-23-2014, 10:35 PM

Nice progress and loving the update.