Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Supporting Vendor

Default RideTech on a NEW TV show starting THIS FRIDAY NIGHT

RideTech on TV!

RideTech is proud to be featured on the new TV series “Optima’s Search for the Ultimate Street Car” that debuts this Friday August 1st at 8:00 EST on the MAV TV channel. [Don’t get MAV TV? Here’s how to subscribe: http://www.mavtv.com/get-mavtv/find-mavtv.htm lIf you don’t see MAV TV readily available, you may have to ask your provider directly]

You probably remember the annual OUSCI event that always took place in Las Vegas after the SEMA show...this series [and TV show] is the expansion of that event. RideTech has supported this series since its inception both as a sponsor and as a participant [placing as high as 4th overall] This year’s series has been expanded to 11 races…be sure to watch the TV show to see how we do this year! If you go to our facebook page you'll likely find a contest running during each show where you can win a RideTech swagbag. https://www.facebook.com/ridetech

Optima’s Search for the Ultimate Street Car is a series of events put on by the Ultimate Street Car Association [USCA] http://driveusca.com/ that willlead up to the year-end Optima Challenge in Las Vegas in November. Each event will have 5 segments…Road Rally, Design and Engineering, Autocross, SpeedStop,and Road Course. The cumulative winner of these segments will be invited to compete in Las Vegas in November. You will see REAL street cars…Camaros, Mustangs, Chevelles, Corvettes, Panteras, Porsches, and Mercedes competing head to head to see who has the Ultimate Street Car. You will also get to explore the personalities behind these cars…why they built them, why they own them, and why they race them.

Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car will explore the core of hotrodding today to expose the culture and class that has propelled this hobby into a national pastime. Be sure to tune in to MAV TV on Friday nights to cheer for your favorite cars and your favorite drivers. And remember…YOU could have the next Optima Ultimate Street Car!
Air Ride Technologies, Inc.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Awesome!

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 07-29-2014, 11:09 AM

Thanks Bret. I've always wondered why Speed never covered all of the races for the OUSC competition as I thought it was right up their alley. So congratulations to MAV TV for showing the races. Hopefully it will inspire more to become involved and also help people understand how this hobby/sport improves driving skill, car safety, and just fun. It's the ultimate E-ticket where the lines aren't ridiculous (name your favorite amusement park that's large). I think that RideTech is a great match for the show as you offer various upgrades for a great many different cars that are affordable.

So thanks,
Rod
Old 07-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Supporting Vendor

Actually, Speed did cover all the races at that time. Up until this year there was only the Las Vegas event and the Road America qualifier in 2012 and 2013. This is the first year for the 11 event schedule.

Also note [as most already know]...Speed no longer exists. It was bought by Fox Sports and turned into a general stick and ball sports channel. MAV and Velocity have been scurrying to pick up the motorsports end of Speed. That is why we've tried to make people aware of how [and why] they need to find and subscribe to MAV. Although some cable providers do not yet carry MAV, every inquiry gets them closer to providing these broadcasts. Call, call again, piss, bitch, moan, and threaten to cancel until you get what you want. You know...typical transaction with TV providers

On a specific note...MAV tells me that DISH sattellite will add MAV to any package for an extra $4.00 per month. It may not be listed on their website but if you call and ask [demand] it IS available. Other providers may have a similar deal. Asking is free.
Air Ride Technologies, Inc.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:42 AM

I'm going to be gunning for a spot next year. Need to get some Ridetech bits underneath the truck, and someone who knows what they're doing inside of it for a change
Old 07-31-2014, 07:49 AM

It's on DirecTV
Old 07-31-2014, 09:20 AM

Does anyone know if MAV TV is available on the internet? My cable provider is Comcast and I don't see them making much in the way of improvements to their service.
Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
"Jeremy Clarkson"
Old 08-03-2014, 11:13 AM

This series will not be available online anywhere, MAV TV has the exclusive rights to air it and it'll only air on their channel.

I thought the first episode was great. The production quality is top notch, great action, great people, great cars...very well done over all. Can't wait to see the shows from each of the qualifying events leading up to the grand finale.

I was surprised to see so much footage from the event at Gateway make this show, that's a pretty quick turnaround. Almost all of the Speed Stop action was from Gateway and that was just two weeks ago.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
This series will not be available online anywhere, MAV TV has the exclusive rights to air it and it'll only air on their channel.

I thought the first episode was great. The production quality is top notch, great action, great people, great cars...very well done over all. Can't wait to see the shows from each of the qualifying events leading up to the grand finale.

I was surprised to see so much footage from the event at Gateway make this show, that's a pretty quick turnaround. Almost all of the Speed Stop action was from Gateway and that was just two weeks ago.
Agreed Lance, I really liked it.
I was surprised that they used a snip-it from my roof mounted GoPro at Daytona
Pretty neat to see your car on TV. It showed up a few other times when we were at Road America. I was also surprised to see so much from you guys at Gateway.
66 Corvette, Spirit of '66
Project G-Vette
Old 08-03-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSLance View Post

agreed but I think they had most of the episode in the can already, the round table discussions with Cam, Chad, Suzy, Jimi, Bret and most of those were from back at the Laguna Seca event and was some of the catalyst on were to go with the event and the show.....they did film Suzy driving Gateway for the intro show
Bangshift Stories
I’m not the smartest guy at the track … but when he goes home … I’m still there testing, tuning, learning & getting faster.