Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > Cars Sold
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 04:38 PM

Default 1969 Wide body Street legal track car

Item Location (City/State): Bay Area/California

Price: 43000 obo PM for Lateral-g price

Description: 1969 Camaro street legal track car. Vince at Meanstreets Performance in San Carlos, CA did a fantastic job recently updating this car safety wise and widening the rear fenders by 2", along with a bunch of other work. Here is a link to the build thread for the work that Vince did recently. https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=45491

The car was originally built in 2004 to run the Silver State Classic, which it did in 2005. It then stayed in a warehouse until early 2013 when I bought it. It only had 50 hours on it when I bought it.

It has a nicely built 406 cubic inch small block that recently put down 477 hp and 451 ft lbs at the rear wheels (dyno results attached). It has a Viper T-56 6 speed trans, full Global West Cat 5 suspension, roll cage, fire suppression system, fuel cell, etc.

Here is a photobucket link http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/pa...?sort=3&page=1 with almost 300 pictures (that are not in chronological order), a PDF with the dyno results, corner weight and alignment specs. Also, there is a PDF file which has a lot of the receipts from the original owner who had the car built by Eric Kardell from Kardell Customs.

I am asking $43,000 OBO for it. I am selling because I am putting money into a new business venture.

I have more than that into it and that doesn't include the $40K the original owner spent on it. It is a fun street legal track day car. It was recently painted white and had a bunch of body work done to it to make it look prettier but it isn't a show car as it's primary mission is to go fast at the track. I will get some better pictures of it as it sits now as it is painted white and most of the pictures in the photobucket are from before it was painted.
Attached Images

Last edited by patoke; 08-08-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:47 PM

I forgot to mention that I have a nicely built LS3 that I could swap in instead of the 406ci small block but for track duty, the 406ci is better as it was built to be able to handle track duty.

The LS3 is a fantastic motor as well especially if you wanted to use the car more on the street as well as the track.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:06 PM

More pictures
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2014, 05:22 PM

More pictures
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2014, 06:57 PM

Just a few things to add.

Full Global West cat 5 suspension.
Weight was moved around to balance the car out.

I enjoyed working on this one and wish you luck with the sale. It's a great car that recently ran 2:04's up at Thunderhill on its first shake down. I believe it's got a bunch more it it.

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 07-28-2014, 07:17 PM

It's a beautiful and well sorted car. It sounds awesome as well. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:30 PM

Thanks guys. I'll get some better pictures posted as well. There is a ton left in this car in terms of lowering lap times. Sub 2:00 minutes at Thunderhill for sure using the bypass and probably over the cyclone as well.

This is well built, safe, fast and fun track day car that is also street legal. If a California guy buys it, you should consider letting Vince play with it some more as he has all sorts of cool ideas he wants to do to it.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:01 AM

I would like to take it for a test drive.... say this weekend perhaps on a windy road type place up in Sonoma?
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 07-29-2014, 12:34 AM

Dave, that's actually not a bad idea. Someone (I.e you) should buy this to run in the event this weekend. It's ready to go. I forgot until you mentioned it that the shelby club was at Sonoma this weekend. I'll be at Sonoma for the track's open test day on Friday sorting out the new diesel powered LMP2 car. I'd gladly deliver the camaro to the track for its new owner to use it.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:22 AM

That is EXACTLY what I want...wish I had the money right now. GLWS!!