Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 08-12-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I have never wanted to be a rocker panel more in life than today!
Old 08-17-2011, 12:00 PM

did you ever end up fixing your suspension issue?, i remember you had started a post on pro-touring about understeer issues with suspension.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:29 PM

Default I guess it would be 4 for 4

Nothing like taking a running and driving car and making it non-driveable. LOL
Old 08-17-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senor_Camaro View Post
did you ever end up fixing your suspension issue?, i remember you had started a post on pro-touring about understeer issues with suspension.
Fix? No. The addition of an adjustable rear sway bar did help. It didn't make me significantly faster or significantly reduce pushing in slower speed tight corners like you find on an autocross. However, higher speed corners it made a signifcant difference and overall made the car a lot more fun on the road course.

I really wanted to pursue fitting a larger tire up front which led me down the path of the TCI camaro subframe. Things kind of snowballed from there...

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023
Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payton King View Post
Nothing like taking a running and driving car and making it non-driveable. LOL
Don't remind me

I got to drive it one last time yesterday. I picked the car up from Pomona Valley Customs who did the tub work. Rather than trailer it home I decided to get my redneck on and drove it with no rear shocks. Actually wasn't a big deal to drive without shocks but I'd never want to do a lot of cornering that way.

TCI parts are supposed to be ready the end of this week I think. I may start further disassembling the car this weekend.

Lots of autocross & track day videos of my car: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDude023
Old 08-31-2011, 07:11 PM

Like all projects this is moving slower than I'd like. I've made a little bit of progress thanks to help from friends this weekend. Thanks Doug!

Here are a couple more pics of the finished tubs from the trunk. Still haven't gotten under the car to take pics of the frame mods yet.

Shot in the pic makes the paint look a lot rougher than reality.

Pulling the perfectly good running fuel injected ZZ4...

Doug, hardcore motor man. Notice we are pulling the motor in the alley behind my house (no room in garage). Go redneck style!

My buddy Jason isn't a car guy but always willing to help me out.

Engine bay starting to look lonely

And the motor is out. Still need to get it ready for the new buyer. You can see the bottom of it's replacement peaking in the background.

TCI has my front subframe ready to be picked up so I need to get back out there and take the subframe out once I get the old motor out of the garage.

Here is the champ pan I'm throwing on my new mast motor. if anyone needs an LH8 pan let me know.

Hoping to modify a brand new rock valley tank for use with Carl's vaporworx system. The rockvalley tank will probably need a new tray and it has a cylindrical baffle 360* around the fuel pump assembly that will need to be cut out.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Hey Chad - Are you running exhaust dumps? With your mini tub, the new rear suspension and that unnotched tank can you route exhaust over your axle?

Old 08-31-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
Hey Chad - Are you running exhaust dumps? With your mini tub, the new rear suspension and that unnotched tank can you route exhaust over your axle?
Good question. I have no idea yet. I'd prefer not to use dumps after experiencing them. I'd rather have tail pipes.

Does the notched tank make a big difference even if no longer running leaf springs and instead using a coil over set up?

Old 08-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
Good question. I have no idea yet. I'd prefer not to use dumps after experiencing them. I'd rather have tail pipes.

Does the notched tank make a big difference even if no longer running leaf springs and instead using a coil over set up?
I really cant speak to the TCI Torque arm, but call 'em tomorrow and see what they say? You could always get your tank modified a la James' 'Pozzi tuned' tank, while youre already doing the other mods....

Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad-1stGen View Post
Don't remind me

I got to drive it one last time yesterday. I picked the car up from Pomona Valley Customs who did the tub work. Rather than trailer it home I decided to get my redneck on and drove it with no rear shocks. Actually wasn't a big deal to drive without shocks but I'd never want to do a lot of cornering that way.

TCI parts are supposed to be ready the end of this week I think. I may start further disassembling the car this weekend.
I've never heard of Pomona valley customs. Did they do good work? Would you go back?