Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76orangewagon View Post
Thanks but it's tough to hang with you GM guys, theres so much more cool off the shelf parts available of you ....Ford too.
Yeah, the Mopars did get the "shaft", so to speak.
I wouldn't mind a pro-tour Mopar someday. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 AM

heres a couple pics of some nice new parts I'm waiting on...they've been on order for a couple weeks now...until then I'll do some more welding ,grinding and Modifying.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2012, 01:41 PM

Very nice stance. Good luck completing the car. More people need to build Mopars. They have a lot of potential especially if you look outside of keeping it all Mopar.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 PM

What was gonna be a quick day of shooting some Southern Polyurethane's Epoxy primer snow balled a little, but got done regardless of the setbacks...once I looked at all that needed prepped, I decided to get some blasting sand and blast my welds (there's alot) to ensure a good clean surface. Well that let me find a couple pin holes and a small section of weld that gave way to the blaster as well, so after agetting those welded back solid it was time to spray. Looks like there won't be a lot of work getting those modified inner fenders in shape to paint, firewall too..one could say they still look "factory
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2012, 04:56 PM

Well all the Rear Bumper welding is done I have a little more fine tuning and have to make the side filler panels to make a 1/4" gap between body and bumper. Once the exhaust tips arrive and there mounting brackets are welded in place I will send the bumper off to get professionally straightened and Re-Chromed. I removed 1" total in width and welded Elevator 3/8" bolts after the holes were filled, the dual exhaust cut outs are from a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500. The first photo was about a month ago before the taillight switch and bumper mod's
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 PM

She's coming along nicely.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:56 PM

It took all day to mount the seats but it was no easy task....I could have jsut bolted them in but I would have all kinds of issues with the console and headroom. So I cut apart the seat mounting brackets and made new bolt mount tabs which lowered the seat over 1" and then used the lowest factory hole (in the background of pic with tabs)and cut the other two off which gave me another 1/2". Then there was the issue of console clearance (The custom console is 10" wide) I couldnt move the seats out since the factory floor pan where a bench seat would mount was causing major problems so the only solution was to cut out the problem and replace it with a flat piece of steel..I still have to re-make the seat reinforcements, but that should be easy. So 8 hours later I had two mounted seats. Also recieved my dash from Peak Dashs, I'm sure there will be issues there from what I hear from other Members. But after 3 1/2 months I'm just happy to have something. I mounted the gauges to get a quick peek.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2012, 07:04 PM

I decided to try and make a spoiler, like all the cool cars on here. I used 1/4" rod for the framework and then ended up using .050" 4130 steel for the skin. It added more weight than I wanted but not enough that the lid wouldn't stay up on it's own, I'll adjust the hinge springs later to help it out a llittle more. Anyway this thing is sturdy as can be ...I still have to finish off the part where the two frame pieces come together ,that shouldn't take more than 45 minutes but I ran out of time today, total invested time so far is 11 hours but I really expected to be spending 3-4 weeks on this project so It's not that bad of a job. I'm really glad that I stuck with steel and was able to fully weld it to the deck lid . Enjoy
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2012, 07:12 PM

Bro, this Duster is turning out pretty damn sweet. I like what you are doing...keep going! Keep the pics coming too!!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
Bro, this Duster is turning out pretty damn sweet. I like what you are doing...keep going! Keep the pics coming too!!
Thanks...I appreciate the compliment