Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 11-25-2014, 02:37 PM

Been following this, looking good! Would love to see it when you finish. I'm in Stillwater so not too far from ya.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427camaro View Post
Been following this, looking good! Would love to see it when you finish. I'm in Stillwater so not too far from ya.
Feel free to stop on over
Old 12-07-2014, 05:02 PM

Too tired to repost all this into forum format. Sorry fella's.

This'll have to do.

http://gearheaddaily.com/grifter-dec...-ye-gearheads/
Old 12-07-2014, 06:49 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

You're right E. Copy and paste is really taxing...

Old 12-07-2014, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
You're right E. Copy and paste is really taxing...
NOT TRUE!! My pinky and index finger are BURNING! LOL
Old 12-07-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHarvard View Post
NOT TRUE!! My pinky and index finger are BURNING! LOL

Old 12-11-2014, 12:32 PM

Eric the car is looking awesome! making good progress! you should be locked in your shop for about 6 more months for winter lockdown so work should progress on a reg. basis now.let me know if you need anything I might have some tires and wheels you could try for mock up off the Chevelle. i would love to come and check it out one of these days. keep up the great work and keep the kids involved there is NOTHING BETTER THAN THAT!
my name is Eric Hokenson I have a dream of building ten of the coolest hot rods out of my home shop wish me luck I am going to need it! - more pics on my web site www.erodzcustoms.com this is just for fun and i am NOT looking for any more work!
Thank you supporting sponsors! without you guys there is no way I could do this myself !
Modern automotive performance,Ring bros.,Yank convertors,extreme drive systems,Cj tunes,race coatings stainless works,Modern Automotive Performance.all of these shops have the experience to get your car to the top.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.rodz View Post
Eric the car is looking awesome! making good progress! you should be locked in your shop for about 6 more months for winter lockdown so work should progress on a reg. basis now.let me know if you need anything I might have some tires and wheels you could try for mock up off the Chevelle. i would love to come and check it out one of these days. keep up the great work and keep the kids involved there is NOTHING BETTER THAN THAT!
Come on over man, I have some wheels that came with it. 19's in back and 18's in front. Satin black Forgestar wheels

I just wish my garage was heated, that slows things down quite a bit
Old 01-11-2015, 09:43 PM

Straight up for reals player, it's damn cold in our home state of Minnesota. We've seen temps well below zero and not having a garage heater has frankly gotten in the way of making decent progress on the car.

I've resorted to finding things to bring into the basement and shuttling tools one at a time from the garage. It's not all that efficient and frankly, slow work. Regardless, I've been trying my best with a small space heater and finding other projects to do. My motto through this whole build is:

It's all gotta get done, so any work, even not %100 on task gets us closer to a finished product

This is of Jim Hall who works at TPIS in Chaska. He helped us get the motor to and from his shop.

The dyno went pretty well all things considered. If you missed our dyno video, it can be seen below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVFA8TUqvmM

Our motor made the "as advertised" 525hp on the dot and 461 ft-lbs of torque. No fiddling, no adjustments, no "corrections" to the tune or anything. It was spot on. No complaints from us! We will dyno the motor again once it's in the car and running so we can make some tuning adjustments with a load on the tires.

Next up, I started to attack the interior. We mocked up the dash board to see what needed trimming and what needed to be done. The more stuff we put on the better it gets! I then opted and purchased a new steering wheel and adapter. Planning ahead, I noticed that we would have to weld the stock shaft onto the steering column which didn't allow much wiggle room down the road.

I finished up some little piddly bits such as the door latches and a couple turnbuckles for the front splitter. I installed the inner door latches too, but still have to figure out how to attach them all together. That said, I'm are going to wait to see how the body lines up before installing the door strikers.

This could be called "before and after". This is a job we were able to do while it was -35* outside. Think I'm joking? I sadly am not.We trimmed the vents and cut out the holes, it's an odd shape so it took some doing to get it just right. We opted to pop-rivet them in place rather than graft them in because it's quite possible that they will break from a rock or something stupid, we do want to be able to fix them easily in the future.

If the padding on the seat pictured above looks familiar, it's probably because we stole our wife's yoga mat and cut it up to make some padding for our seats. It made a world of difference.

We'll see if that's enough belt wrap for the alternator, we will ad a pulley later if it's not sufficient. The alternator is a stock GM 105amp unit with the stock number of 8247. These come on Tahoe's, Silverado's and GM trucks with the 5.3L engine in the mid 2000's. You'll need a couple 1/2" spacers and 2 - 90mm 10x1.50 bolts to finish it up.

The motor was put into place, despite the cold weather we soldered on.

Catch'ya on the flip side!
Old 01-11-2015, 10:26 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Nice work soldiering on with the solder.... What exactly did you solder on a fiberglass car?? LOL

Had to yank your chain for the typo. This car is going to be so kool!!