Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 07-30-2011, 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=onelapduster;362879]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 gsconvt View Post
I have been looking at cars as I've been driving around and have seen a number of them that actually have pretty good sized flares from the factory. QUOTE]

After watching this thread I have been doing the same thing!
I actually found an article in Popular Hot Rodding that shows exactly what I'm thinking of doing with grafting a factory flare onto the car: http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...res/index.html

I'm sorry Brian for hi-jacking your thread. I guess I should start my own.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:46 AM

I understand. I'm running an M90 also. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73CPCAMARO View Post
These are not CAN gauges. I was going to use the Livorsi CAN gauges but decided to go with Speed Hut. The M90 has both ways to hook up gauges. It came down to looks over ease. The one wire deal for the CAN is nice. The Speed Hut gauges were more work to install with all the wires...but worth it for me.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:21 PM

It has been a great weekend with my Camaro. After 3 1/2 years, I have finally completed my build and I am getting to enjoy the car for all it was built for. On Friday night, I got my special made DPE wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires. Now I can drive it all over the place on the street and autocross the car when ever I want. It took a while to decide on the wheels and tires. Because of the detail I spent on the car making it a dual purpose car, the build took a long time. If I wanted an autocross or track day car only, it would have done a long time ago. Getting the fine detail in the body lines, straightness of the panels, lighting, wipers, and other electrical took a good year and a half to two years extra.
So, with all that hard work, I finally got to drive the car all over this weekend. Saturday night, I drove it all over town. I ran into a few people I know and they stopped me to check out the car. They new I had been buildling the car but they saw if for the first time and were blown away. When I went to the gas station, a bunch of people came over and were amazed at the car. It felt so good to have the great reaction to the car after all that work. Not only do I get to appreciate the car, but others out of the blue also. I know I am not alone with this. There are so many cool cars on this forum and others that get the same reaction. I could not have built this car without a lot of great people. Mary Pozzi started it by giving me a great deal on the car. Maier Racing for their hard work getting the suspension and cage work. My body shop, Car West Elite, put in 1000 + hours into the body and paint. My buddy Rob spent many hours on the electrical doing an incredible detailed job. His many years of experience and professionalism shows getting my car street ready. My Dad has done so much and continues to be a huge part of the success of this car. There is no way this car would have been built if was not for him. I knew he could do a great job, but he far exceded what I could have dreamed he has done with this car. I am very lucky to have such an incredible Dad. It makes all that hard work and money worth it.

My daughter, future driver/owner, took a few photos and video of me over the weekend as I got the cruise the car around. I even took it to the store today after I autocrossed it in the morning!

Here are some of the photos and a short video my daughter shot.

Getting gas after the autocross today.

My daughter thought is was funny that I took the car to the store to pick up a few things. She said it was the fastest grocery getter on the road.

1965 Corvette
1973 Camaro
2003 Z06

Last edited by 73CPCAMARO; 07-31-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Default congratulations brian

Alot to be proud of, enjoy folks admiration of your work!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Brian,

Words can never express the "joy" of such a build - and the favorable end result.... Congratulations - For you... it's almost like being a proud father when "the day" finally arrives. Good for you buddy!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:27 PM

Congrats!! Looks amazing. There is nothing like that first drive!!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:41 PM

Brian, I have to ditto all of the sentiments in this thread. Every detail about your car is stunning; from the mechanics to the fit and finish. This is absolutetly my favorite 2nd gen, hands down . Being able to see it and race with it in Fontana was great, and it was awesome to see another father/son team out there. I meant to come over and chat with you guys during the event, but being in line soon after you I always forgot to after my run...

I hope to see you guys at some more events; do you know about the trackday at Buttonwillow in September? https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=32486
Old 08-01-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessumsar View Post
Brian, I have to ditto all of the sentiments in this thread. Every detail about your car is stunning; from the mechanics to the fit and finish. This is absolutetly my favorite 2nd gen, hands down . Being able to see it and race with it in Fontana was great, and it was awesome to see another father/son team out there. I meant to come over and chat with you guys during the event, but being in line soon after you I always forgot to after my run...

I hope to see you guys at some more events; do you know about the trackday at Buttonwillow in September? https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=32486
Thanks for the compliment. The father / son thing is fun.

I have seen that a bunch of you guys are going there for some track time. It looks like a lot of fun and it is on my radar. I may be there.

1965 Corvette
1973 Camaro
2003 Z06

Last edited by 73CPCAMARO; 08-01-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:32 PM

Love the color! That is one sweet ride.

Ring Brothers 2010 Mothers Shine Award.
Golden Builder Award at the 2011 HRR Trade Show.
April 2011 Mustang Monthly Cover.
May 2011 Hotrod & Restoration Cover.
Winner-Pro Builder Shoot Out Presented By Pioneer at the CAR CRAFT Summer Nationals
July 2011 on the Power Block TV with the Ring Brothers.
Nov. 2011 Popular Hot Rodding center fold.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:34 PM

Lookin good! Like the new wheel set up

68 Camaro
DSE sub
Quadralink Rear
Ford 9inch
Baer Brakes
Skip White Racing 421sbc
Tremec TKO600