Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 04-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thumbs up

Amazing looking build Mark Looks absolutely killer. I bet it handles and sounds just as good as it looks.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:11 PM

Looks killer Mark, your attention to detail is top notch

So what's this cars name anyways? It can't be Blue Bomber as the car is red? Or is it Apex? Anyways, I can't wait to see this car vs Jackass

I think I've told you this a million times, but your builds were definately a huge inspiration for mine.
Project pics of my '69
Camaro Performers Magazine Feature
Old 04-15-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stielow View Post
I'm venting to it off the dry sump tank. The engine valve covers are vented to the dry sump tank. I sent the "clean" air port to the induction tube.

It looks like a nice part and a buddy told me Lingenfelt uses them on there car. He could be wrong.

The part looks good. I modified it to take -10 AN fittings the 1" ports looked a bit clunky.

Stielow
I reduced the ports to a 3/8" / LS standard push-on hose. Since I was not sure how much oil would be accumulated, I was not spending the bucks. MH suggests using them on big diesels so perhaps they need that large of a port.

It's used in the Porsche world as well. For many its appearance is a bit too OE, but from a functional and service standpoint, it's worlds better than any other.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:16 PM

Thanked 1,845 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad68rs View Post
Hey Mark, Im a young guy who started reading about you and your builds in high school. When I read about the type of cars you build, I knew thats the type of cars I wanted to build. Then when I read about what you did for a living it also inspired me. I'm now in college majoring in mechanical engineering. Im working on a 71 camaro right now that I hope to have finished by the Optima Street Car Challenge in hopes of driving it there to see you compete. You build some awesome cars, and good luck.
Good luck with engineering school. I started GM as a summer intern working for the Camaro race program. I was very lucky. But, engineering school was the key to me working in the industry I'm in now.

Hope your 71 gets done. Hope to see you at Optima.

Stielow
Old 04-15-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Good luck with engineering school. I started GM as a summer intern working for the Camaro race program. I was very lucky. But, engineering school was the key to me working in the industry I'm in now.

Stielow
Wow, thanks Mark for taking time out of your busy schedule to respond. Yes working as an intern, and then a job with GM would be a dream. I hope I'm so fortunate. Thanks for the motivation! Now I have to get to work!

Dutra
Old 04-16-2010, 04:21 PM

Default To Die For

As my wife would say your car (whatever the name will be) "Is To Die For!" Since you'll be spending a good deal of time on the track as have your past few cars, inevitable getting rock chips, etc. I'm curious, do you like to use a base/clear, or do you prefer a single stage urethane?

Bill
Old 04-16-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobL71 View Post
As my wife would say your car (whatever the name will be) "Is To Die For!" Since you'll be spending a good deal of time on the track as have your past few cars, inevitable getting rock chips, etc. I'm curious, do you like to use a base/clear, or do you prefer a single stage urethane?

Bill
HI-JACK..
But if you mix a little color with the last coat of clear your chips will not show up as easily.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBobL71 View Post

Bill
I think Mark has done a few of his cars with single stage. We used Standox bc/cc on this car. As far as durability I feel not really an issue because Standox paint gets really hard once cured out. Doing an bc/cc makes up keep easier and in long run IMO paint will hold up better. I've done the add color to clear thing but that only applies to single stage and need's to be solid color too. Joe
Old 04-17-2010, 05:21 PM

Mark it blows my mind how talented you are. You continue to raise the bar. GM should make you exec of their performance division.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Stielow
Yes, Mark I have a Camaro history-type book that mentions your name as an eager, young engineer taking charge of the 3rd Gen 1LE program!!