Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2010, 09:35 PM

Default BW T10 question

Looks like I have an early BW T10 and not a Super T-10. I would have to at minimum change the synchros, as they looked to be chipped all over the place. Does anyone know if the early BW T10 is a worthy transmission, or should I scrap it and look for something else? I know the Super T-10 is decent, but don't know much about the early T10's.

I have some conflicting information on this as well... From what I have read on-line, the transmissions sold by Borg Warner through speed shops had a Iron case with 10 spline (3 groove) input shaft and a 27 spline output shaft. This matches mine, except that there are only 2 grooves on the input, not 3. There is no vin stamped on the plate between the case and the tail shaft, so this also leads me to believe that this transmission was sold through a speed shop.

My engine is a 468 BBC with solid roller cam. I'm guessing 650 HP and close to that on the torque as well...

I know that I can't be side stepping the clutch with any manual transmission, so... Actually I'm not exactly sure what my question is. I guess it's this... Should I repair this transmission and install, or should I look for something else? I would love a newer transmission like the TKO600, but the price point is pretty high, and I couldn't side step the clutch with that transmission either. I have a turbo 400 laying around, but I would like a manual transmission. Even though the auto would be faster, the manual would be more fun to drive. Plus there is no track on Oahu, so no place to race ( I BOO HAWAII).