Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-28-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
To piggyback off of what I said previously about uber rich guys/owners building these cars and not being worried about what is or isn't in style in a few years and the car would be sold after it making it's rounds thru the car show world, winning awards, magazine shoots, etc. Well, here's a perfect example of exactly what I was talking about. The ad states $1.5 million spent on the car and it's for sell for far, far less. So, do we think the owner really cares about money now? Also, the mileage states 258 miles. Do you think the owner has even had a chance to enjoy the car by driving it? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Chevrol...VZNYOB&vxp=mtr
I sometimes wonder if some of these guys need a loss on the books just so they don't have to pay uncle sam as much. Why else would you spend 1 mil or more on a build and sell it less than a year later for .20 cents on the dollar? This way they get to enjoy the money they was going to have to spend one way or another. Money is clearly not an object with these types of clients.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:15 PM

Wink Part of the plan....

Weeellll, this is one way to protect it from the next EX ole lady. She can only get half of the sale price, not the build price....... just sayin'