Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Trucks
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2017, 11:12 PM

Default 72 Chevy shortbed -- quick build!

Hi all,

I bought a 72 shortbed a few years ago about a mile down from my house. It was a pretty cool looking truck that was originally from California. It had awesome patina and I had to buy it. The truck was rough to say the least, but at least as rust went it was pretty minimal. I originally bought the truck with hopes of doing a full rebuild but then I realized how cool that patina was and wanted to keep the body as original as possible. I bought another truck with a 402 BB and took the motor out of that. I put in the typical cam/intake/carb setup from Edelbrock that Jegs sells as a kit, and then installed a noisy gear drive for good measure. Installed some flowmaster 40's and build the wood bed from scratch. I used a pretty cool method on the wood bed. It's a Japanese method where you burn the grains in the wood and then sand it down, then burn the grains and sand it down...so on and so forth. I also had a try at patina paint by transforming the white door to make it match the rest of the truck. Anyways, here are some photos! I'd love to hear some comments good or bad...I've got thick skin so lay it on me!

-Aman

1969 Camaro Z/28: W.I.P. Bolt-on Art Morrison MaxG Chassis, LS2 Stroker, 6spd. manual, amongst many other goodies!