Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 PM

The complete kit less coil over's will sell for around $750.00w/ johnny joint's.W/Poly bushing's around $650.00 less coil over's.It should take around 3hours or less to install if your housing is free of the old spring perch's.I am going to wait for Shannon to post install photo's before I gear up and start building these unit's.These are for the car guy that want's to run 335's out back and does not want to spend a lot money.This set up work's really good,but it is not the level of a DSE 4link set up.It will need around a 15.250 extended lenght coil over w/ around a #225 or #250 spring in a 1st. gen camaro.Thank's for looking and chiming in.I am just trying to fill a need in the market place for good componet's that are reasonably priced.I am in no way comparing my product's to that of DSE or AME.They great company's and build awesome product's that are Engineered and built very well.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:42 PM

Thanks Scott. Dont under sell yourself, I think you have a great instinct for this stuff.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:58 PM

Thumbs up

Hay Scott, What about ride hight?? I'm looking to go with drop leafs BUT I think I may have found a better idea!!

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 AM

The ride ht. is fully ajustable w/ajustable mount's and also using your coil over's.Check out Kevin's (Millertime179) build thread.He could go even lower w/the ride ht. on his camaro.If you look at the photo's Shannon posted you can see the lower shock mount's next to the lower control link's.

Last edited by coolwelder62; 06-01-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 AM

I hope my comments weren't taken as being related to the performance of the suspension. I have no reference to comment on that. I was just trying to explain the functionality of it and use some analogies to the truck arm etc. to help people visualize how these work.

I didn't make it to Nashville Goodguys, but my Dad told me the Kevin was getting after it in the AutoX.
'67 Chevy II -
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=46846

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 AM

Very cool scott! I like the different approach.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiedemab View Post
I hope my comments weren't taken as being related to the performance of the suspension. I have no reference to comment on that. I was just trying to explain the functionality of it and use some analogies to the truck arm etc. to help people visualize how these work.

I didn't make it to Nashville Goodguys, but my Dad told me the Kevin was getting after it in the AutoX.
There are some limtations w/this set up.Kevin has done very well running this set up aginsn't
Kyle Tucker and Brian Finch.His driving ability's make this system look very good.Like I said if a car builder is looking for the best set up out there then look towards the DSE 4 link or Ride Tech's 4 bar .This is a very simple set up that can be installed quickly w/o alot of fab skills or equipment.Kevin and I are working on improving his camaro w/Some Triple ajustable shocks from Ride Tech and some rear suspension tweaks.He also needs about 300 more horse power.For about twice the investment a car builder can get a Ride tech 4 bar system that works very well.I will have Kevin put his camaro up on the lift and we will take some photo's of the suspension installed on his car.This way everybody can get an idea how everything go's togather.Thank's For looking at our work and comenting.Scott M.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 AM

what are the limitations? Looks like a very simple well designed system that has alot of poeple(including me) very interested. The price seems very fair to me, considering the alternatives that are currently out there. I am leaning towards getting one of these for my car very soon.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifi875 View Post
what are the limitations? Looks like a very simple well designed system that has alot of poeple(including me) very interested. The price seems very fair to me, considering the alternatives that are currently out there. I am leaning towards getting one of these for my car very soon.
The limitation's are Kevin is going about as fast as the system will let him go.If we want to step up and really be faster than Brian Finch,Kyle Tucker,Mark Steliow,We a rear suspension that offer's less Roll Bind,which inturn will let Kevin's camaro keep the inside tire planted a little better on the real tight corner's.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 PM

How does this system handle real world driving? Steep driveways and such? My Dad has been looking at building a suspension around these and I've been talking him out of it until now.

Its not a Vega!!!!

Total Cost Involved - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - Fatman - MaverickMan Carbon