Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 09-01-2015, 05:30 AM

Woah there buddy!!!!!

How did i miss out on this story about the front end swap!!?? I didnt get the updates until the last post before mine!!

And i see its already bought and on!!!??

Are you seriously going to HALF ASS IT!!??? Like the others... I get it, but if your just going to drop a front end on it, not do the dash, the tail panel, and correct the 1/4's.... Im not with you on this one. Sorry.

Just think about what YOU do when at a show and you see a car like your about to build.... You do a double take, shake your head and move on thinking.... "That guy didnt have the money to build a Camaro so he built a Firebird...."

Im sorry, but you know im right. And im also with the others.... You CHOSE a Firebird for its Uniqueness, and now your bastardizing it!!

I mean, yeah its your car.... Just, dont you like it??

Sorry man, i just think this is a "think it throughly" thing. I like the fact Vince put YOUR drawing back in your face. ... 'Say's a lot.

Funny i hear from you too, i got your number out Sunday and wanted to call but we went to the hospital instead.... Long story.

Anyway, keep it up and do what you feel is right!! (Of course!) And also, sure i understand the other side too.... Beeing a Camaro guy this is the easy part!! But the value (project spirit wise and financially) of all youve done trumps the "want" factor for me in this case. I could not understand having done all this and doing it only to half its worth. Your not going to have a Camaro... Nor a Firebird!!!

At least if you decide to do it all the way .... We could get it licenced as a Camaro...

Ok.... But.... Im not convinced.

Just so you know!!

Take care buddy,

AND I WILL DROP BY (are you free some time this w-e?... Im pulling the body off the 55 on friday but good sat and sun, let me know!!) but NOT with the Camaro... I know youll want to compare measurements LOL!!!!!! ...kidding....

Let me know,

M.

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"

Last edited by Leadfoot1; 09-01-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:54 AM

I understand your point Mario but I like the Firebird tail light and to me its the same car. People in quebec already piss on pro touring car so they will hate anyway.
Im not a show guy, im more horrified to see ugly gaps on cars in the expos than a mixed car and this is what we see here.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:37 AM

Cool

You are doing a great job on YOUR car!!! Customizing is a tricky thing ... just remember if you want to sell it down the road is must appeal to the senses!

Michael

Let the house go .... NEVER give up your car!!!!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:37 AM

Im sorry

Old 10-05-2015, 12:29 PM

No updates for the moment but I bought my son's first car mouhahah
Old 10-07-2015, 01:08 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Awesome!

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims
Old 10-07-2015, 05:31 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Brake him in right!

Old 05-16-2016, 09:36 PM

Hey everyone,

As sad as this is gonna sound. The project is now officially on ice...for good.

A lot of parts have made their way onto it since last updates tough....(it now is a almost complete, 100% new panel car) with the whole front end and latch system, rad support etc. ----No GM panels on this car lol!!----

Its beeing put together as a performance "roller" with great suspension parts and to be offered for sale by end of week.

I also have a LOT of parts available and also a multitude of ways it could be sold. (From a empty shell to complete driving)

Car is now shelled as a COMPLETE '69 Camaro now but, beeing 100% new has no title, (yes, bill of sale will be offered and also about an inch and a half thick of EVERY bill that went into this build...) so at this point, its to be considered as a Dynacorn body, altough, a much tighter one, and one thats ALREADY DSE mini tubbed, DSE Frame connectored, and also frame notched and metal finished.

A LOT of work was put to make this car as nice as possible and you can see it from looking at the past pages.

Im good friends with Streetbird and will sadly be taking care of the sale. Im making this public and official as to make sure there are no questionning or missunderstandings. Any and all questions should as such, be directed to me. I am putting all the extra parts and time in the project to help finish the car to a selleable point and will make sure if it sell's that everything goes well and is done in a timely manner.

I will put an official add in the for sale section but wanted to let you guys know, also so it would pull a bit of traffic for the sale.

A lot of you may know me already from past projects, altough i have not been on here a lot lately (been drag racing!) but i also have sold quite a bit of hard core parts and have solid references.

This is a GREAT and EXTREMELY solid project for the perfect start Camaro your envisionning!!! Dont miss out on your chance to get an screaming deal!!

Ad to come by end of week with up to date pictures.

Meanwhile, please pm me for any details.

Thanks guy's,

Lead.
(Mario)

New for summer '13. My latest find!!

48k miles, 100% original, 1969 Camaro coupe. Untouched, never apart and squeaky clean!!! 327/th350, A/C car. Gold on black w/vinyl top. Only add ons; Fast ratio box and SS396 wheels.

FINALLY!!! A car without rust repairs ever!!! None before, none coming!!! Cant come to modifying it tough....

...So, '67 Camaro project with my laying around stuff out of my black 'vert. 468 BB and YSI blower, braked th400, 12 bolt/spool, 35 splines etc. Complete Calvert suspension front and rear. 30x13.5 ET Streets, caged, lightened, slammed and running low 9's "Street car"