Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 12-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Oh my gawd! I fell asleep waiting, and woke up only to realize I'm eligible for Social Security next year...
Old 12-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Oh my gawd! I fell asleep waiting, and woke up only to realize I'm eligible for Social Security next year...
Don't you put that Voodoo Hex stink on me or my project! It won't take that long....I hope.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 12-22-2014, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffav8 View Post
Truth! Doesn't help watching your build. Thanks for that.
Nah, only look at my crap if you wanna feel better about yourself, your car, or whatever else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
This infinite wisdom coming from a guy that has never even broke in an engine in between the frame rails of a pro touring car.
Broken in? Eh, who cares about that....

Now I've broken many engines... does that count?

Curtis, this guy must be some bad azz body and paint guy.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 12-22-2014, 01:08 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Curtis, this guy must be some bad azz body and paint guy.
He took a paint scrapper to the roof of my car while he was out here for SEMA. He better be....needs to finish what he started!

Old 12-22-2014, 06:53 AM

Curtis, who's doing the paint and body? I just don't understand why some guys take soooo long to get these done? Not saying it's his fault but if he has the spot for your car and you have the funds it really doesn't take that long to do full paint and body!! Or is it just going to be a while before he has the slot for your car?

And yes I know ALL the factors that go into P&B work been doing it since the 80's

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 12-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbed69 View Post
That motor will be a lot of fun Curtis,looking good.
^I agree with you Jeff. That engine will be a lot of fun for sure.
Nice to see some updates Curtis.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick D View Post
Curtis, who's doing the paint and body? I just don't understand why some guys take soooo long to get these done? Not saying it's his fault but if he has the spot for your car and you have the funds it really doesn't take that long to do full paint and body!! Or is it just going to be a while before he has the slot for your car?

And yes I know ALL the factors that go into P&B work been doing it since the 80's
Rick,

I'll chime in on this because it's the same guy doing my paint on the 55 and also did Malitude for Jody. He is a one man show and does this at his shop at his house. He works full time at a shop doing collision work by day and burns the midnight oil doing what he really loves...Hot Rods by night. Currently he is finishing a very high end complete Restoration on a 1967 Shelby. This car isn't in for just paint - but a complete restoration that will drive out of his shop. Seeing what he has gone through on this to make sure it is "Correct" by Shelby standards just validates why I like doing custom work instead. Once the Shelby is done my car and Curtis' will probably slide in together and get tag teamed. We all want our stuff done now but we knew what we signed up for. Good things come to those who wait!

Last edited by Ricochet; 12-23-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Rick,

I'll chime in on this because it's the same guy doing my paint on the 55 and also did Malitude for Jody. He is a one man show and does this at his shop at his house. He works full time at a shop doing collision work by day and burns the midnight oil doing what he really loves...Hot Rods by night. Currently he is finishing a very high end complete Restoration on a 1967 Shelby. This car isn't in for just paint - but a complete restoration that will drive out of his shop. Seeing what he has gone through on this to make sure it is "Correct" by Shelby standards just validates why I like doing custom work instead. Once the Shelby is done my car and Curtis' will probably slide in together and get tag teamed. We all want our stuff done now but we knew what we signed up for. Good things come to those who wait!
as long as the clients are aware of the situation all is good.

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11
Old 12-23-2014, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Rick,

that makes sense Brent
And yes I agree as I've done the 100 point show car resto's and they can get way to crazy with the small chalk marks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
Very true Vince, and most times the client is NOT in the loop on what's going on.

Sounds like you guys are in good hands for sure!!

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 12-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Rick,

Thanks for jumping in and answering that one. Couldn't agree more that it's worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
Agreed! Clear communications are super important and we've all seen what the lack of can lead to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick D View Post

Sounds like you guys are in good hands for sure!!
You know it! Not going to lie...I'd love it if the car was being working on right now, but it's so going to be worth the wait and extra time.