The 7 Secrets of ADVANCED Suspension Set-Up & Tuning
What is this?
Ron Sutton Workshop Tour 2017
(For Autocross, Track Day & Pro-Touring Cars)
• Ron Sutton Suspension Workshop - NEW TOPIC for 2017
• Ron Shares His 38 Years of Race Winning Experience in a Fun, Full Day Workshop
• You'll Learn Simple, Straight Forward ... but Very Advanced Tuning Methods ... to Achieve Optimum Handling from Any Car !
• You Will Dramatically Improve Your Suspension Setup Knowledge & Tuning Skills
• Open Q&A with Ron Sutton During Workshop to Discuss Your Car !
• Open Q&A with Key Manufacturer Reps During Workshop Round Table
• Including: Suspension, Brakes, Shocks, Wheels & Data Acquisition Q&A with Ron Sutton During Workshop
• Money Back Guarantee / Every Workshop Last Year SOLD OUT! / Get Your Tickets Early or Miss Out!
The 7 Secrets of ADVANCED Suspension Set-Up & Tuning Workshop:
Is an easy to understand layer-by-layer education, in plain English, of how to
make a car fast & handle optimum regardless of car, driver or track condition.
Using many visual aids in the workshop, Ron shares:
1. The 4 Key Factors to Better Tuning Decisions from a Racing Professional
2. Master What to Tune, When & Why … and What Not to Tune, When & Why!
3. Pro-Level, Winning Tuning Tips & Tools You Can Master & Use
4. Learn the Proven Strategies to Balance the Handling on Any Car
5. Cutting Edge Secrets to Amazing Grip, Corner Speeds & Dominant Performance
6. The Dynamics of Tires, Shocks & Aerodynamics Made Simple & Clear
7. Take the Mystery out of Tuning Your Car for ANY Track & Conditions
• 8 Out of 10 Autocross & Track Day Cars Struggle Due to Lack of Proper Set-up
• Make Your Car a Mean Handling, Stopping, “Fun-to-Drive” Machine
• Quit “Trial & Error Tuning” - Learn Exactly How to Make Your Car Handle Better
• Cure Frustrating Handling & Braking to Have More Fun Driving Experiences
• Stop “Just Doing OK” & Become Quicker, More Competitive at Track Events
• Learn How to Outsmart the Competition … Not Outspend Them!
• Get the Most Performance Out of Your Car & the Most Fun Out of Your Track Days
Each Workshop Participant receives:
Who is Workshop For:
- Course Workbook for Notes
- Sample Set-Up Sheets
- Sample Run Data Sheets
- Black T-shirt with Full Color Graphics in Your Size
- Bag of Goodies Provided by Workshop Partners
- 4-Course Catered Lunch
- A lot of real world, helpful knowledge in a fun day !
• Guys & Gals with G-Machines & Pro-Touring Cars & Trucks
• Autocross Participants - from Amateur to Hard Core
• Track Day Participants - from HPDE to Optima/USCA Competitors
• Guys & Gals with Road Course Track Cars for Fun or Competition
• DIY Car Builders
• Professional Car Builders
• Sportsman Racers – Yup!
• Pro Racers – Probably Not
Speaker - Ron Sutton:
Skip this if you know my background. I’ve been racing for 38 years in 80+ classes of racing, most professionally, including drag, road course, karts & oval track. From low powered Formula Fords & F2000 cars to Mountain Motor drag racing … Midgets, Sprint Cars, Super Modifieds … to Trans Am/GT road race cars, Modifieds, Late Models & NASCAR Stock Cars. I’ve had the good fortune to work with & learn from winning pro teams & smart people in SCCA, USAC, SRL, NHRA, IHRA, IMSA, Camel GT, Indycar, Grand Am & NASCAR. Most of my modern experience is designing winning cars for road racing & oval track. The last 3 years, I have designed winning chassis & suspensions for autocross competitors.
I’ve built 205 cars for clients “hands on” as they say. Specifically, 64 tube chassis cars & 140+ sportsman race cars. I’ve had a chassis shop, parts store, track stores & engine R&D over the years. I’ve owned 79 race cars myself, including 9 full time race teams up until 2012. Most years I was at the track 3-4 days a week, 40+ weeks out of the year. As a driver, team owner, crew chief or driver coach I have 498 wins & 22 championships. I live & breathe competition, and I believe winning comes from doing your homework, testing, working hard, testing more, learning from books, classes & mentors … and testing more. I’m not the smartest guy at the track, but when he goes home I’m still there testing & learning. I figure I have 2500+ days of track testing under my belt.
I’m not an engineer. I’ve worked for them, with them & had several work for me … but we’re from different planets. One of my friends said, “Ron is a race car designer that did not go to engineering school, so he speaks car guy.” I’m a veteran car guy committed to staying on the leading edge of performance & racing technology. I like to think I’m pretty knowledgeable in my areas of expertise … but I learn every week, if not every day.
You may be surprised to know I’ve done hundreds of racing workshops in different genres. While I don’t claim to be a rock star, many people have said I’m pretty good at making technical learning engaging, fun & very interesting. I keep the workshop on track, but I’m not giving some rehearsed speech standing behind a podium. I’m moving around, talking with my participants, sharing stories, the occasional bad joke, discussing real world examples & answering questions right then, not later at the end.
I never sell in a workshop. Never. I educate. Even if I love a product, I don’t sell anyone. That’s just not my style. No one sells or “pitches” any products in my workshops. If you attend my workshop, you will walk away with valuable, powerful information you understand to help make your car handle better & more fun to drive. I guarantee it.
Workshops Near 5 Big Events:
Where & When:
- April 22nd, Saturday, at Ridetech HQ in Jasper, IN / Before Cars & Cones Autocross Tour
- July 6th, Thursday, in Columbus, OH / Before the Good Guys Event
- Sept 28th, Thursday, in Ft Worth, TX / Before the Good Guys Event
- Oct 19th, Thursday, in Charlotte, NC / Before the Good Guys Event
- Nov 1st, Wednesday, in Las Vegas / During SEMA & Before the Optima Invitational
The first Workshop is being held at Ridetech's HQ in Jasper, Indiana. The other workshop locations will be at a hotel conference room near each event. Hours are 8:00 am – 5:30 pm with three breaks & a lunch break. We’ll serve coffee & drinks throughout the day. A nice catered lunch will be served to all workshop participants, so you don’t need to leave. Hotel information will be provided with your workshop ticket.
- More Details in next Post